Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 186 of 186 FirstFirst ... 86 136 176 184 185 186
Results 1,851 to 1,855 of 1855

Re: 1969 Chris Craft Roamer 46 refit

I’d put a piece of hose between the pump and distribution tees for strain relief if it was me.just saying I had one of those nylon pump outlets snap off at the threads.

Quote Originally Posted by q240z View Post
    Back on Splash Day in late June 2023, one of the problems I encountered was a very slight leak from the only OEM seacock left on the boat--the one I rebuilt and intended to use for the air conditioner raw water supply. Rather than messing around with it, I replaced it with a Forespar Marelon valve (no more bronze!) and just ran a hose direct to the pump inlet before re-splashing. I left the valve closed for the inaugural trip from Deale, MD to our new home port, but one of my summer priorities was to get the AC system running. I installed a Vetus strainer so the lid is just above the waterline, for easy screen cleaning. Then I flipped the breakers on and turned the thermostat switches to COOL.

Everything worked perfectly!

And now that autumn has arrived, the heat's nice to have aboard, too.

1969 Chris Craft Roamer 46 Refit: Major System Test -- Air Conditioners

Cheers,
    Q

"DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING YOU READ OR HEAR AND ONLY HALF OF WHAT YOU SEE" - BEN FRANKLIN

Endless Summer
    1967 50c 12/71n DDA 525hp
    ex Miss Betsy
    owners:
    Howard P. Miller 1967-1974
    Richard F Hull 1974-1976
    Robert J. & R.Scott Smith 1976-present

I think he did, actually. There was a follow up to this on his blog.

Hey!

My insurance company required the boat to be hauled by mid-December. But when we tried to haul it at the marina we moved to in July 2023, we discovered that their lift well is only 1" wider than my beam. It was just too tight, and the travelift would have been right on the edge of just being too narrow for the boat. So I ended up having it hauled further south, which puts me timewise right back where I was before, with ~1hr travel time to the marina. So I haven't been making much progress onboard. The boat's winterized in the yard. But I have been getting parts and materials teed up for a few things, most important being replacing the capacitors, transistors, and rectifiers on the CAPAC circuit board. I expect to get the last of those parts and finish soldering this week.

Not being able to haul at the local marina has also got me pondering what to do with the boat long-term. We originally started the refit to have a nice liveaboard in the Swamp. Changed life circumstances that were forced upon me in 2020 mean I no longer need the boat for that purpose. If I splash the boat, I'll have to haul every year because the fouling is relentless.

Lotsa stuff to ponder over this long, cold winter...

Quote Originally Posted by rsmith View Post
    I’d put a piece of hose between the pump and distribution tees for strain relief if it was me.just saying I had one of those nylon pump outlets snap off at the threads.
    There's no strain on the nylon pump outlet. I positioned the distribution manifold in a zero strain position, and you can see in the pic one of the stainless straps I used to secure the Sch. 80 tees. I added two more stainless straps (one on each end) when wrapping up that part of the project. If any part of that assembly ever moves independently of the others, something terrible has happened that a section of hose probably couldn't mitigate.

Q, are diver services available at the location of your preferred marina? They can do a lot to keep fouling at bay. Might be worth looking into.