Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 100 of 186 FirstFirst ... 50 90 98 99 100 101 102 110 150 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,000 of 1855

Re: 1969 Chris Craft Roamer 46 refit

They frown on political commentary on this site, so let's just say that I'm from the West Coast originally. Man does not live on 'no air conditioning needed' alone. I wish it hadn't become impossible for me to live there, but it has.

Wow! This just popped up as page #100. Probably a Hatteras record! Congratulations!
    Jim Grove, Fanfare 1966 50MY Hull #22 (Delivered Jan. 7, 1966)

"LIFE IS JUST ONE DAMNED THING AFTER ANOTHER." Frank Ward O'Malley, Journalist, Playwright 1875-1932

So life in the malarial swamp that is our nation's capitol is better? Things must be pretty bad on the left coast.
    --- The poster formerly known as Scrod ---

I want to live in Theory, everything works there.

1970 36C375

A 100 page thread might also be interpreted on the idiot-o-meter scale! You know that old boatyard saying about it costing twice as much and taking 3x the time as whatever's on the estimate? This started only needing "engines and a paint job"!!!

On the West Coast/swamp comparison, on a trip back to the land of my birth a couple of years ago, I learned that the show Portlandia is actually a documentary. "They" have completely and totally taken over. The swamp is bad for many different reasons, but it's not Portlandia. Plus, my house is way outside of swamp central in a rural area where there are more deer than people.

You can escape the swamp in an hour. To escape 'Portlandia,' you've got to cross the Cascades and drive a few hours into the high desert country.

Now I'll be scolded for getting all political. I blame SEVEN for bringing it up!!!

I cut and fitted the mahogany panels that attach to the curvy V-berth wall on the starboard side, then started dry-fitting panels on the port side. It's slow-going, but it's all headed in the right direction.

1969 Chris Craft Roamer 46 Refit: Even More V-berth Cabinetry II

Cheers,
    Q

Quote Originally Posted by Fanfare View Post
    Wow! This just popped up as page #100. Probably a Hatteras record! Congratulations!
    Close but Not yet he is in 3rd place

Congrats on 100 and just keep going she is looking great!
    Dan
    End Of The Line II
    1967 34C

EOTL II Rebuild Web Page

><(((º>´¯`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸><((((º>`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸><(( (( º>¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸¸><(((º>

Thanks!

But unfortunately, with the bed foundation done that nice, flat surface has given me a good perch to see the porthole openings better. And the more I looked, the less I liked what I saw.

When we were prepping for paint, we missed a few spots where there was corrosion remaining under the original barrier coat. The fairing crew had also left a lot of filler in two porthole openings, which had to be cleaned up. All of those spots were starting to show signs that the topcoat and primer were failing. In one spot, a 1-1/2" chunk of paint popped off! So I broke out a rotary sander and some sanding drums and got to work. Now it's all cleaned up and re-primed. We have to do a few touch-ups on the white exterior paint anyway, so we'll airbrush here at the same time. It sucks that I had to dig into it. But in retrospect I'd rather have a couple of days spent doing touch-ups now than to have a much larger area fail after a few years with the boat in service.

1969 Chris Craft Roamer 46 Refit: Paint Repair

Cheers,
    Q

Quentin, I have been watching what you've been doing with the track saw. I have some panels I have to cut for trim work in my boat. Is this the kind of tool that is worth buying if you only use it occasionally, or is it too expensive?
    Last edited by jim rosenthal; 08-21-2017 at 11:13 AM.

For only occasional work, I wouldn't invest in the EZ-One table. But I might wait for a sale and buy one of the track kits, like this one: http://www.eurekazone.com/Circular_s...m?1=1&CartID=0

That'd cover any cross or rip cut you'd ever need to make. But if you're just doing trim work once, just clamping something straight to the panel and using it as a guide for your saw may be good enough. You could also swing by the tent and borrow mine, so long as you get it back to me early the following weekend.

Back in the tent, I'm still making good progress up in the V-berth. I'm trying to make sure I cut and fit at least one panel with each visit to the boat. I finally got the "desk-like structure" cut and dry-fitted. It's turning out pretty much like I envisioned in the concept drawings.

1969 Chris Craft Roamer 46 Refit: Even More V-berth Cabinetry III

Cheers,
    Q

I cut and fitted the last fir top panel and all of the ribbon stripe mahogany ply that tops them. It took longer than I'd hoped to get it done, but I'm very satisfied with the way it turned out. We also finally got a break in the weather. It's going to be pleasant and not humid this weekend, so instead of slaving away in the tent we're taking our Commander 42 out to play.

1969 Chris Craft Roamer 46 Refit: Even More V-berth Cabinetry IV

Cheers,
    Q