Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 104 of 186 FirstFirst ... 4 54 94 102 103 104 105 106 114 154 ... LastLast
Results 1,031 to 1,040 of 1855

Re: 1969 Chris Craft Roamer 46 refit

I think you mean Mr Not So Good But Slow

So how many more portholes so that she will be weather tight. If I remember right your doing all the wood work so that she will be sealed up.

Looks Great
    Dan
    End Of The Line II
    1967 34C

EOTL II Rebuild Web Page

><(((º>´¯`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸><((((º>`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸><(( (( º>¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸¸><(((º>

I tell ya, that guy was a real piece of work.

I haven't permanently installed any portholes left. We still have some touch-ups to do.

We took advantage of a weather window, taped up the whole boat, and painted what should have been the last coats of Imron MS1 clear on the mahogany toe rail. With 8 coats total, I shouldn't have to do any maintenance coats for at least 5 years. But, unfortunately, my painter and his crew screwed up on a couple of things, so they have to sand and spray once more.

It's always something. I think once I've used up all of the clear coat that has to be spray applied, I'm just going to use products that can be rolled and tipped and do it myself.

1969 Chris Craft Roamer 46 Refit: Final Coats of MS1 Clear Coat on the Toe Rail

Cheers,
    Q

I got back into the V-berth and wrapped up the final installation on several mahogany panels. It's looking pretty good!

1969 Chris Craft Roamer 46 Refit: Back to the V-berth Cabinetry

Cheers,
    Q

I got the last of the panels cut for the HVAC cabinet in the V-berth, then glued and screwed the cabinet top in place. That's good timing, since Flagship Marine called to say the air conditioners are just about ready to be shipped. The project isn't moving along as fast as I'd like, but it's getting there.

1969 Chris Craft Roamer 46 Refit: More Work On The V-berth 'Desk-like Structure'

Cheers,
    Q

Will she ever see water or are you putting her into a museum?
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

HA! If a museum offers enough...

I got to work on the last cabinet in the V-berth. It's turning out pretty well, but along the way I realized I have to finish a storage cabinet in the galley and cut some of the veneer panels for the galley bulkhead before I can wrap up the V-berth. I suppose it's better to figure that out now than later, when I'd have to backtrack.

1969 Chris Craft Roamer 46 Refit: Cutting More V-berth Cabinet Panels

Cheers,
    Q

I finally got around to wrapping up the galley storage cabinet that I started last year. Oddly enough, I have to finish this so I can finish the V-berth. I only had to cut three panels, but there were also a bunch of mahogany cleats I had to cut to frame it out, then the usual insulation on the back-side of the panels so condensation doesn't become a problem (assuming I ever finish this project!). The epoxy glue up also adds a day to the amount of time it takes to wrap this up. But it's done, and I think it looks pretty good.

1969 Chris Craft Roamer 46 Refit: Wrapping Up the Galley Storage Cabinet

Cheers,
    Q

I finally got the galley bulkhead completely done. For such a small area , there were three different screw-ups by "Mr. Good-but-slow" that I had to fix. But it's done, and the galley storage cabinet looks like I imagined. Next I need to install the veneer panels, then get back into the V-berth and wrap up that last cabinet.

1969 Chris Craft Roamer 46 Refit: Wrapping Up the Galley Bulkhead

Cheers,
    Q