Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

1974 42' Hatteras Battery Bank

How many batteries were in this models battery bank? My father recently purchased this boat and there are two batteries. Something just doesn't seem right because usually there is a house battery?

Thanks for the help,
    Charlie

Re: 1974 42' Hatteras Battery Bank

2 big batteries is not uncommon. The generator may have its own or be on the start one. House is usually the start for one engine.

my 41c only has 2 battery boxes
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

I had a 1975 42' Convertible that had three 8D's and four 6V's. Each of two 8D's started the motors (with stbd starting the generator as well). Third 8D was a house battery, and four 6V's were inverter batteries (parallel and sequence)..
    1978 Yachtfisher 58' #447

Was the inverter bank added later? Sounds like it might have been installed afterwards by a prior owner. Not that it isn't a good idea, I've thought many times on it myself for my boat.

It was on the boat when I bought it, but was definitely added on. I don't remember the brand, but it was well spoken of on the HOF...
    1978 Yachtfisher 58' #447