Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Granite Top

Granite Top

I have a granite (or composite) table top on a high/low pedestal on our aft deck. It is grossly over-sized for the area. We are looking to replace it with a granite coffee table sized top that when can the attach to the high low pedestal. My guess is something about 24" x 36" or so. I have found a few restaurant supply places that make such tops but was curious if any fellow HOF member has an leads for another source. Again, we are looking to replace the top only so outfits that make granite table tops is all we are looking for. Thanks.

Re: Granite Top

I would think anyone who does granite counter tops could make one for you.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

Check out a composite product called "EOS" Solid Surfaces. I used it to replace the tops in 2 heads on my 41TC. What I like about it is it's standard thickness, unlike other composites that need to be glued up to be thick. The size you're looking for may be able to come out of an inexpensive remnant piece. http://eos-surfaces.com/
    Eric
    41TC 1966 Hull #53 "Requisite"
    Kent Island, MD/Ft. Lauderdale, FL

"Though she creaks - She holds"

Quote Originally Posted by JLR View Post
    I have a granite (or composite) table top on a high/low pedestal on our aft deck. It is grossly over-sized for the area. We are looking to replace it with a granite coffee table sized top that when can the attach to the high low pedestal. My guess is something about 24" x 36" or so. I have found a few restaurant supply places that make such tops but was curious if any fellow HOF member has an leads for another source. Again, we are looking to replace the top only so outfits that make granite table tops is all we are looking for. Thanks.
    Many granit shops sell the cut outs for sinks they are all sizes. The problem may be color. If you like what you got just get the granet shop to cut it down. There are granet shops all around every where and home business is not booming so i would think they would be happy to help.... If you have a composit and want granet the weight factor may come in to play if it is a high low table eaven cut outs are not light weight...
    Last edited by Tim Powell; 01-02-2013 at 10:08 AM.

Thanks all. Weight will not be a factor. I am just trying to purchase a standard size granite top, in a suitable color so I remove the old top and afix the new top.

Quote Originally Posted by JLR View Post
    Thanks all. Weight will not be a factor. I am just trying to purchase a standard size granite top, in a suitable color so I remove the old top and afix the new top.
    Weight is a factor for the lift mechanism. If you do have solid granite now then it shouldn't be a problem. If you have a lighter composite than it may be an issue. Most hi-lo lifts won't handle the weight of solid granite.
    Jack Sardina

Thanks. I had not thought of that angle.