Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Galley remodel grows

Hi Friends, Happy New Year!

So I figured out that the three lower cabinets that make up most of the island are one piece solid hardwood face and will fit perfectly in place of the ugly fake-mirror wet bar on the aftdeck. Now the wetbar is out and the original cabinets are sitting in its place looking soooo much better. If only they could be centere under the window a few inches forward, but the Davit pole is in the way.

I would love to post pics but still can't figure out how to get tHe hotspot to work on my new iPhone 5 and Dell laptop or how to transfer pics from my phone to this site.

Anyway, I'm not using the Davit and would also love to rearrange the flybridge seating to make better use of the space. So I'm leaning toward removing the perfectly good Davit and patching the flybridge deck then covering the entire flybridge deck with one of the nice vinyl teak products.

Just a thought.......
    1977 Hatteras 58' MY, Hull No. 304, 4-stateroom galley up model with 8V71TIs in Knoxville, Tennessee

Re: Galley remodel grows

Moving the davit is easier than it appears. Mine was in the way, from both the aft deck perspective and on the flybridge. I move it forward about 4 feet and it did have to drop down through the countertop of the wetbar. Careful planning and measuring, and it's totally do-able. Even though it pierces the counterop of the wetbar, it looks just fine. I had a new Corian top made with a hole in it for the pipe to pass down through.
    Ang
    1980 58MY "Sanctuary"
    www.sanctuarycharteryacht.com

Re: Galley remodel grows

I may have an interest in your Davit if you decide to remove.

Happy New Year!
    J Dickson