Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: Replacing House Battery Bank

I had success at west marine price matching a low quote on 819's and they were delivered for free to a WM store, and free pickup of the cores by a Deka delivery truck. Was able to get newer batteries right out of the plant. Without freight, I saved a lot. With the outback charger I add water 2-3x per year. On year 4 without issues. We don't invert much on the hook. Someday.

Sounds like the Rolls was the right call for you.
    Mal
    Miss Molly
    '85 53ED #750

Re: Replacing House Battery Bank

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Root View Post
    Thanks, Sky and George. I'll give Rae battery abnd DC battery a call tomorrow.

George: You definitely have more on DC than I do. Will the Rolls batteries fit in the stock Hatteras battery boxes?
    Yes, the 8HHG25 fits the same box as the 819's. Mine weigh 137 lbs, maybe your quote includes the pallet they ship them on and packing materials. I hired some young Navy guys who were here at our marina on an annual training exercise (fast stealth pursuit boats). They immediately noticed how much heavier the Rolls were than the 819s they took out. They got beer money and I kept a healthy back!

Good luck with your purchase. I want to believe that I bought "the best" for my application, there is always some feel good bonus to that.
    George
    Former Owner: "Incentive" 1981 56MY
    2007-2014