Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Re: New Hatteras Owner Seeking Advice

Quote Originally Posted by Scottbee View Post
    I apologize for butting in here... but I'm confused by the third picture in the OP. is that a piece of a plastic bucket bonded to the hull??? What am I missing here!
    It's called a Vermin (or varmit depending on your preference) control. Keeps large muskrats from crawling inside the exhaust ports and making a mess of things.

Quote Originally Posted by holtcl View Post
    Welcome to the family- having been in your shoes about 5.5 years ago, I know how you feel. As you can see, the HOF is a great place for knowledge sharing. Find someone in your marina who has a Hatteras or similar boat and can serve as an informal mentor to you. Someone you can go to with questions when you have that "am I about to screw something up" feeling. You'll continue to have questions and frustrations, as you interface with these amazingly complex systems. It's overwhelming at first, then as time goes by, empowering as you begin to learn each system and figure out how to do each task.

I also recommend keeping a meticulous log of everything you do- including some "process notes." That has helped me to remember not only when I did stuff but for things I don't do every day, how to do them the next time, including what products (e.g. paints, varnishes, filters) I used. Take pictures of complex stuff before you take something apart so you have a visual of "what went where."

I could ramble on but will stop there. It's an honor to be a steward of these wonder vessels. Enjoy, and we look forward to hearing of your experience.

Cheryl
    Cinderella
    1971 53 MY
    Thank you Cheryl. Great advice!

You are welcome- hope you have an enjoyable 2013 aboard!

Cheryl
    Cinderella
    1971 53 MY

We have a 58' yachtfish and are looking into either the Seakeeper zero speed stabilizer or Quantum. any experience would be appreciated and any ideas as far as cost? it seems to be all over when it comes to pricing.

thanks

Probably should start a new thread for his but there was a member (GForce is his handle) who did a truly great refit of a 55 C last year.

He put a Seakeeper and a pair of Cat c-18s I recall. This is the link

http://www.samsmarine.com/forums/sho...ight=seakeeper
    Last edited by sandspur1966; 01-09-2013 at 06:40 PM.
    Shawn
    58 MY