Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

a/c condensate drain

anybody know how to access the a/c condensate drain for the forward salon a/c in a 1972 58 yf. the hose is brittle and cracking. i see where the engine room end of the hose hooks to the copper tube, but i cannot see or feel the end that goes to the drain pan. all help is appreciated

Re: a/c condensate drain

did i stump the hatteras expurts?

No, just start tearing things apart until you get to it.

Seriously, I can see where someone cut an access hole in the ceiling of my engineroom to get to the back side of a deck drain.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

i have those holes too, but i still cant get to the condensate drain..

Bill, I have an access panel on the bulk head over the dining table in the galley. I opened it up and replaced the hose. I Tee'd the A/C drain hose to the washer drain through hull. That is what I did and it works perfectly. Mario
    Last edited by MarioG; 12-13-2012 at 01:03 PM.
    Mario
    1972 58' Hatteras Yachtfisherman
    Siboney

thanks mario, but i am looking for the drain for the forward salon a/c, not the forward a/c

Quote Originally Posted by bigbill View Post
    thanks mario, but i am looking for the drain for the forward salon a/c, not the forward a/c
    Augh! sorry Bill I had a brain fart! I think if you check inside the cabinets above the fridge you may find a panel screwed to the top of the inside of the cabinet. you should have access to the A/C there. If I'm not mistaken, Pascal installed a self contained unit there. He should be able to tell you what exactly is in there.
    Mario
    1972 58' Hatteras Yachtfisherman
    Siboney

looked but didn't see an access panel, but the eyes aren't what they use to be. maybe a better look.....