today was a cluster mess.. I found my lost prop had to put a reward on the thing the guys at the mariner found it. Cheaper than purching a new one or two. +++++++ The shaft broke it was 2 1/2 inch thick. The new shaft arrived yesterday indtalled the new shaft bolted it to the coupler and off we went to slide the prop on. The shaft was made to hatteras specks as to what came on the boat got the speck sheet from Hatteras. The company that turned the shaft said he should check the prop to the shaft. (past experience told him mis fit props broke shafts) Well have at it and he did the prop was off that was what caused the shaft to brake. With that in mind nothing to do but check the other shaft and prop. After removing the prop he put a red bye on the shaft and a crack in the exact same place as the other broke. After a bunch of bull and talking nothing to do but purchase a new shaft. My point

When purching a boat eaven with all you know and the best survaror in the business will miss that .
Probley will not eaven think about checking it it cost 2 shafts 8000 plus hall out 300 plus labor to remove and install 2 shafts and fus cut the props to properly match 3000
total cost about a 12000 hit .

Outcome slick and smooth .There was a small vibration at about 1600 to 1800 not enough to really worry about if you got one find the problem if you are thinking about purching. Do not just sluff it off Tim