Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Re: Looking For a 46 - 50 Convertible

Blaine -

I have a 1986 45II with Cummins QSM - 11's. Probably putting her on the market in the Spring She is located in Wrightsville Beach, NC. If you are in the area, I'd be happy to put you in touch with my captain.

Cheers, george

Quote Originally Posted by st.tully View Post
    Blaine -

I have a 1986 45II with Cummins QSM - 11's. Probably putting her on the market in the Spring She is located in Wrightsville Beach, NC. If you are in the area, I'd be happy to put you in touch with my captain.

Cheers, george
    Hi George, I thought maybe you would be moving her to the Capitol Yacht Club
    Eric
    41TC 1966 Hull #53 "Requisite"
    Kent Island, MD/Ft. Lauderdale, FL

"Though she creaks - She holds"

Quote Originally Posted by SeaEric View Post
    Hi George, I thought maybe you would be moving her to the Capitol Yacht Club
    Hey Eric -

I'm still really tempted. Or maybe out to your neck of the woods as a getaway. The reality is I just don't have much time anymore.

Cheers, g.

Blaine -

Cheers, george
    I could be interested, was hoping for later, but would just like to find a really clean boat.

Blaine

George, any photos of your boat you would care to post? I am not giving up mine nor going up in size, but the 45-II is one of my favorite boats and I always enjoy looking at them......

1732847_18.jpg

This is the only one I have on this computer. Taken when I bought her in 2007. Now has a full enclosure that stays rolled up unless its cold. She had a full refit in 2002 by Sonny Middleton at Dog river Marina . The owner had had her for quite a few years and had rebuilt the 692's once - he looked for a new boat but decided to refit the 45 instead - the QSM 11 package is what sold me on this boat. I really cant think of a boat in this size range for the money (or for double the money) that I'd rather own.

Blaine, I will send you a PM with Captain's contact info.

Cheers. george

'I really cant think of a boat in this size range for the money (or for double the money) that I'd rather own."

Neither can I, and if I hadn't done something else recently, I'd be trying to buy yours. A 45-II wtih Cummins M11s is the one thing that could tempt me out of Blue Note.

That, or a big sailboat. LOL Just kidding.

What kind of performance do you get? I have seen this combination good for 34 knots at only 93% load.

My QSM 11's are rated at 535hp - which is low - you can get them up to 715hp. Cruise is 24/26kt (36gph) and WOT is 28/30kt (52gph) - depending on props. At the 535hp rating the engines should go 10,000 hours before rebuild. For $5000.00 you can bump it to 660hp - I believe it involves a computer reprogram and injectors.

The way they are now, you can run as hard as you want and they aren't even close to being stressed. I fish out of Wilmington and the run to the Gulfstream is 68 miles - and the seas are almost aways not calm. We run as fast as seas will allow, fish all day and burn 200 gallons.

In comparison to detriots, the QSM's are almost silent. We do alot of cocktail cruising around wrightsville beach and down to southport and bald head island - folks lounge in the cockpit and in the salon with the door open - nobody complains of diesel smoke or noise.

I'll always want/need to have a boat project (and a car project) going. I've always wanted a Bertram 31 or a Bertram 20 - maybe that is heresy on a Hatteras forum, but you must admit that they are classic. I love the 31 in original trim with just a bimini top.

I'll always want/need to have a boat project (and a car project) going. I've always wanted a Bertram 31 or a Bertram 20 - maybe that is heresy on a Hatteras forum, but you must admit that they are classic. I love the 31 in original trim with just a bimini top.
    Do you still have the Bentley? If so, ongoing car project is covered. There's always a "next" boat project available, somewhere.
    Eric
    41TC 1966 Hull #53 "Requisite"
    Kent Island, MD/Ft. Lauderdale, FL

"Though she creaks - She holds"

Selling the Bentley and looking for a 300 SEL 6.3 or 4.5 - something a bit more understated.

I'd love to see your new 44. Are you mostly in Lauderdale till Spring?