For the past two weeks my Mach 5 fresh water pressure pump has been cycling and at first I thought I was just having trouble bleeding the air out (great pumps but prone to this problem.)

Watching a pressure gauge it became clear that there was a leak so next came the task of tracking it down. I went fore to aft, hatch to hatch checking every fitting I could see... nothing.

Was driving me NUTS! I spent last night aboard and had a meeting this morning where I needed a suit. I bent down to the back of the closet in the master to pick up a pair of shoes I have not worn in months and they were under another pair and they were damp and completely covered in green mold.

The weird part is there was a seam in the padding under the carpet 6 inches from the back of the closet that wicked the water from the damned leak in the hot water tank element along the back wall of the closet but the front row of shoes and carpeting were totally dry. The water was seeping down the seam and into the bilge and then down to the aft shower sump so it didn't register on my fancy new bilge pump counter... sheesh!

At least I got a few laughs from my fuzzy green feets.

It's always sumthin!