Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

50 foot flush deck

Just wondering what the odds are to sell my 50 ft 1970 Hatt for about 1200 a foot for a fast sell??

Re: 50 foot flush deck

She sure should bring $60K. But in the current financial climate? Who knows. Best way to find out is to put her on the market an see what happens.
    Eric
    41TC 1966 Hull #53 "Requisite"
    Kent Island, MD/Ft. Lauderdale, FL

"Though she creaks - She holds"

Quote Originally Posted by capt_terry View Post
    Just wondering what the odds are to sell my 50 ft 1970 Hatt for about 1200 a foot for a fast sell??
    Condition and equipment would be the first question. I've seen a few boats that you would need to pay me to take.

We sell a lot of boats in the $40-100k range. Plenty of people looking with cash in hand
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

Try by the pound!? I coundn't resist, I would think in decent shape the boat would sell. The Hat bones are allways a good place to start, and some one looking for an old Hat must have an idea of the product.

JM
    GLORY Hull # 365
    Northport, NY

I looked through your gallery- looks like a decent older boat that might be a liveaboard. Best way to sell it would be to engage a competent and conscientious broker and get a good set of photos with all the spaces cleared out thoroughly, so the prospective customer can see the boat itself. There are buyers out there for decent boats at a fair price.

Iincidentally, the view of the fly bridge helm console is hilarious. That must have been state of the art back then, that pod affair. I wonder how many of those still exist...

Hey Captain Terry
    She looks like a nice classic 50 Motor Yacht 67-'68 model. The first 53 was introduced in 1969. What about her current condition? Any current interior photos? Try listing her at $89,900 or $99,900 with a qualified broker and see what happens. It is the "right" model for the right liveaboard buyer.
    If she's nice you are asking way too little for her.

A flat-top 1966 (earlier model) 50 just sold recently in the Ft. Myers area for about the same money. I think Hull number 1 of the 50 (December 64 build) is still available in South Florida in the low $60s.

HI there sorry for the delay we took the boat out for a few days on a cruise out.Just got in today,i do have TONS of pics of her if your on face book by chance look her up by name Diamond Sun .She is a grand old girl we have been busy with the rails and the upper cabin paint the past few weeks.The inside is like a museum,she has always been well kept over her life and was a one owner vessel when i got her.We are looking more to long range running and have been looking at clipper rigs 50ft and larger.I do have a offer on the table for a 58ft now.Been talking to a broker a couple weeks back before we took off he was very impressed with her.

Wink Re: 50 foot flush deck

Quote Originally Posted by pizzazsdaddy View Post
    Hey Captain Terry
    She looks like a nice classic 50 Motor Yacht 67-'68 model. The first 53 was introduced in 1969. What about her current condition? Any current interior photos? Try listing her at $89,900 or $99,900 with a qualified broker and see what happens. It is the "right" model for the right liveaboard buyer.
    If she's nice you are asking way too little for her.

A flat-top 1966 (earlier model) 50 just sold recently in the Ft. Myers area for about the same money. I think Hull number 1 of the 50 (December 64 build) is still available in South Florida in the low $60s.
    Not anymore!!! Hull No. 1 is mine!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Boatsb View Post
    Condition and equipment would be the first question. I've seen a few boats that you would need to pay me to take.

We sell a lot of boats in the $40-100k range. Plenty of people looking with cash in hand
    Thanks for the reply,Take a look at my album here if you like she is all class and still over 40 years old she turns heads easly