Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Re: 50 foot flush deck

Quote Originally Posted by SKYCHENEY View Post
    Pics! We need pictures!
    x2 on this

I believe this is the blog of Hope

www.robandsugarhope.blogspot.com

Re: 50 foot flush deck...response to comments on Hull #1, Hope - proud owner

Hi,
    I was searching for some old pictures of my Hatteras, Hull #1, Hope when I came across your thread. Hope is still at Key West Yacht Club and we are the second owners. We actually have very little info about the original owners as they (most) wished to remain anonymous; we only know they were a group of 5. We heard there was a man in town recently that used to vacation on Hope. I would love to meet anyone with stories to tell of her... we're not hard to find as the yacht club is small and Hope is quite a beauty. The old gal constantly makes heads turn and tourists stop to photograph her. We couldn't be prouder of this classic yacht.

Since this thread is really about pricing boats, I suppose I should add a bit on that. Hope had been kept in wonderful mechanical shape in a private covered slip in Ft. Lauderdale her whole working life. She has roughly 7,000 hours on both original Detroit 871N and they run as though new. Though they've never been officially rebuilt, the captain (Capt. Tatum had been with the boat 40 years) continuously replaced and repaired parts. The interior was in need of a bit of TLC, and being an artist/designer type, I've gotten about halfway through the aesthetic updates with a lovely mid-century modern look (in attempts to maintain the appropriate era). If I remember correctly, asking price was 75,000 and we low-balled with fingers crossed. End of the day, we agreed on $45,000 and were thrilled. You can view Hope on our blog to see some before and after pictures. RobandSugarHope.blogspot .com I apologize for some of the pixilated pics...poor conversion.

Good Luck with her.

I have followed her since the beginning. She was owned since new by the family that owns Pompanette. Hope was initially sold in December of 1964 by Spence Boat Co. in West Palm Beach, the then Hatteras Dealer.

Cable Marine did the last engine overhaul some 30 years ago. When not in the Bahamas, she was kept in a covered slip next to Cable East in Ft. Lauderdale.

Quote Originally Posted by my50hatteras View Post
    Not anymore!!! Hull No. 1 is mine!!!!!!
    My father Capt Glenn Tatum ran this beauty from 1967 or 69 till it was sold sometime in early 2000 (I think) to someone who was running it to the Keys. My mother always joked that the Hope was his mistress.

The last time my father saw her is when she sailed away from the Ft Lauderdale
    marina heading to the Keys the day she was sold. I've been trying to find her so that I could tell my father she was in good hands. My father will be 88 this year and worked as Capt of this Hope and the previous one for over 50 years.