Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10

Re: 65 LRC in Stonington CT?

Quote Originally Posted by Ron V View Post
    This thread has not had any replies for a while. Has any more info come up on the Cleandini boat/Bank Repo?

I have not yet become a member of the LRC club, but I would like to know more about the 65 since I like the layout for having many guests travel along.

Of the 13 that were built, I understand there are still 11 out there:

1. Jabula-lengthened to 70 feet at the factory and the last one built.
    2. lady Rose- in Spain and lengthened to 77 feet and has enclosed flybridge.
    3. Abounding- has stacked twins in one guest stateroom
    4. Sue's Pool III- has pilothouse dinette
    5. Black Diamond- In Chile and has pilothouse dinette
    6. Summer Time(ex. Solutions)- on West Coast
    7. Artesia- On West Coast
    8. Miss Gayle- ??
    9. Lady Slipper- Mystic Connecticut (was this the Cleandidni boat?)
    10. Lady Olga- 4 transatlantic crossings
    11. ???

Anybody want to chime in with more info?

Thanks,
    Ron
    Oh and Sue's Poole sold to a resort in South America I think and will be used as a dive boat. Black Diamond I heard went to the Philippines.
    Skooch

As much as I love the hatts there are more modern versions available today. I think we will be listing a 58 northern marine next week that is a beautiful boat with many modern systems. As a comparison it's like a j type and the new jags.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

Hello HOFers. Long time away from this site.

Anywho...I get a call from a guy I know who is working on restoring a boat that has a lot of mold.
    (I'm kind of an expert on extreme cleaning and deodorizing) Tells me the boat is in Essex, CT and I tell him I can be there shortly.

Walking through the shed, he points to a 65' Hatteras LRC that I immediately recognize. It's Cleanidini's boat that I was on in Mystic back in 2006.

The bank that owned the boat gave up on it early during the crash of 2008. The boat languished in Mystic for years. Last year, the boat was bought at auction by a guy who owns a marina in Sag Harbor and wants to used it as a charter boat. It was moved to Essex under it's own power and is about 50% restored. Goal is to have it 100% by May.

And now you know...

...the rest of the story...

...good day...

I looked at it when it was up for repo-auction at northeast boat sales. That was back in 2011ish. I saw it in the water at a slip. It was about 50% down at the time. It was just too much $$ for the amount of finishing work it needed.
    FTFD... i drive a slow 1968 41c381