Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Re: Whats the latest on your condition in the North East with Sandy?

Quote Originally Posted by saltshaker View Post
    This is insane. I wish everyone the best and be safe.
    Yes it is I am hauled but 8' I will be will be floating again

Next 2 days will suck I am ready to do anything I can !
    Dan
    End Of The Line II
    1967 34C

EOTL II Rebuild Web Page

><(((º>´¯`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸><((((º>`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸><(( (( º>¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸¸><(((º>

Here is a good page with a lot of live tide info

http://tidesandcurrents.noaa.gov/qui...html#8651370wl

Amazingly here in Miami we are getting the highest tide I have ever seen. At Monty s in the grove the water is actually reaching the concrete piers. Odd considering the winds are blowing out of the west (20kts+) and should be pushing water out of the bay
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

Our thoughts and prayers are with you all.

Quote Originally Posted by saltshaker View Post
    According to the buoy reports we had 30kt winds gusting to 40kts and the storm was still 500 miles away. Entrance to NY harbor had 12ft waves and 25ft waves off shore. High tide was about 2ft above normal and we didn't get much of a low tide. It's pretty grim here. I spent the day doing the best I can to prepare for this but I'm not sure how to prepare for a 12ft surge. We keep hearing that this will be a record flood, worse than the Halloween storm in '91. That storm blew out the sea wall and there was 8ft of water in town. If that happens all boats on land will float off and the ones in the water will go over the pilings by far. This is the first time I've seen NYC shut down. There are areas that have mandatory evacuations and the entire transit system has been shut down, There's talk of shutting power to lower Manhattan if the flooding is as bad as anticipated. I was going to ride it out on the boat but I couldn't leave my wife and two small children alone at home to deal with this massive storm. My mother lives in central NY about 200 miles inland and they actually are under a tropical storm warning. This is insane. I wish everyone the best and be safe.
    Jack
    DO NOT take chances with it!! It will last a long time for us it lasted about 16 hours it just would not pass on and on it battered everything in its path over and over. It just beat and beat kinda like the ocean waves. You were correct how do you tie up for a surge that high. Hang in there and my thoughts and prayers will be with you and your family. Take the wife and the boys and go to your moms be safe is the important thing. I find there is nothing I can do while the storm is hitting except wait. Tim

Here is my marina tonight two hours before high tide

Art016.jpg017.jpg
    Trouble
    43DCFB DC-306
    AYC NY

It's blowing pretty good here at Piney Narrows, Kent Island, MD. Wind 19-30, gusts 26-42. Rain as well. I don't believe we're into the worst of it yet though.

The boat isn't moving around all that much right now. I've got double lines out for the springs. Pulled my small boat yesterday and took canvas off the Hatteras. We'll see how we go.

Cheryl
    Cinderella
    1971 53MY

In Port washington NY still relatively uneventful at 7 am. Breeze is gusty but still less than 15 sustained. barmetric presssure dropping steadily.

Midnight high tide was about 2 ft higher thab normal and the low isnt as low as i'd like. Need to get through two more high tides. The marina i'm at has pilings 6-12 ft above mean high and we predictions are for 5-15 foot surge on top of a new moon. not great math... Heres hoping for the low end of the range.

On top of that my damned generator raw water pump shaft seized yesterday evening during a test... Sherwood g11 pump i am hoping lewis marine is open today... But i doubt it.
    Shawn
    58 MY

This mornings high tide was about the same as last nights. We're running about 4ft above normal. I'm at home waiting this thing out. Hope everyone fairs this well. How are you guys in the Chessie doing? Mike P can you stay in your slip if there's much of a surge? Good luck and be safe.
    Jack Sardina

god bless ya'll up north.. i know what you are dealing with. isaac gave me an 11 foot surge. everybody be safe, everything can be replaced except your life

Quote Originally Posted by lumina View Post
    Hi All,

Here in costal mass ie Marion, Mattapoisette, Westport, Dartmouth, Fairhaven etc it's blowing 15-20 with small gusts, drizzle, 50 degrees.

This afternoons moon low tide was higher than usual.

Storm surge now predicted to be 4-6 feet, and since we live on the harbors edge that puts it in my driveway.
    Did they close the hurricane gate yet?
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat