Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Hull number interpretation

Can someone please help me with deciphering this hull number:

UNF034070973-345130

345130 is also written under the drawers in forward cabin

Re: Hull number interpretation

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    Can someone please help me with deciphering this hull number:

UNF034070973-345130

345130 is also written under the drawers in forward cabin
    I would guess that it is a 1973 34' Uniflite (later bought by Murray-Chris Craft), hull number 709.
    345130 is most likely a serial number.

http://www.uscgboating.org/recalls/m...c=unf&sort=mic
    Last edited by hibanx; 10-23-2012 at 02:54 PM.
    1979 43C

Chris craft bought them in the late 80's.

That would be a true uniflite.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

Yep, thats definitely the boat. It is being advertised in Australia as a Hatteras, and has been bought by the current owner in that belief.....
    It's on the hard and is blister free which I understand was a problem in later models.

Can anyone offer an opinion on these boats?

Short of the fire retard additive blister problem (I think it was later than that boat) they built a solid boat.

They have a big following especially in the pacific north west.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

I've owned two Uniflites. A 1975 28' Sportfisher (1988-1993) and a 1983 36' Sportfisher (1993-1999). The 36' boat I owned was the very boat on the 1983 36' Sportfisher pamphlet. It was 1 of 4 made and I was the 3rd owner.

I have all the info in a file somewhere, but off the top of my head... They were used by the military in Vietnam as river boats (32' & 36' I believe), and the military asked for a fire retardant resin. Uniflite complied with their wishes and were then plagued by very bad blisters caused by the fire retardant resin. The blister years were 1977ish to 1980ish. Around 1981ish they stopped using the fire retardant resin, but their reputation was damaged and they went out of business. They sold a lot of their molds to ChrisCraft. There was a company, like Sam's, in Bellingham,WA that could get you Uniflite parts as late as 1995.

Both my boats had no blister problems. I loved them both. When I sold them to move up, I wondered if I'd be able to find a boat as good as they were. They were well built, they rode well, and fished well here in SoCal.

I wouldn't say they were as well built as a Hatteras, but they weren't too far behind...
    Last edited by hattitude; 10-23-2012 at 09:13 PM.

Thanks very much, I think I'll go ahead with the purchase. Unforttunately old Hatts are rare in this part of the world.
    Cheers