Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

watt water regulator

dear all I have an urgent question for you.
    on my hatt 37 there is a dockside water direst attaching that I have never used...and idem last owner.
    By now I have decided to use this way to avoid to work only with my galleymaid.

Problem are three:
    1) when I open the inlet cover of dockside water placed on the left side of cockpit...and I start the galley mead ...water flow down and I have to close the cover.
    2) when I connect water from dockside to the boat using direct water attaching , I notice that pressure gauge of galley mead ( switch off) arrived to 60 psi...and probably may go over if i don't provide to close the water from dock.
    3) this is the description line: water from dock to the boat .... water flush through a Jabsco regulator flush mount 44411-1045, dockside water attach place on left side of cockpit, than the pipe line enter into the boat and arrives to a WATTS REGULATOR 25-75 psi and than in the system...

question:
    why the water from galley mead return to the dockside inlet flush mount????
    why, with the galley mead, gauge pressure arrived to 60 psi and over...

MANY THANKS to all
    roby

2. Re: watt water regulator

I put a water pressure regulator I got from Lowes (40psi) on the hose where it attaches to the boat... I also put a water limiter on at the dock fitting so I can control how much water can run before being turned off...
    I set the limiter to 150-200 gals, then can reset it as I walk by it as needed...
    But we do turn the water off on the dock if we're going to be gone for more than a day..
    Charlie Freeman
    "No Dial Tone"
    1973 43' DCMY
    Fernandina Beach, Fl
    www.yachtmoves.com

Re: watt water regulator

Yes, but I am really worried about the high pressure marks on the pressure gauge of galley maed... water enter in the plumbing system in continuos....

On my watts regulator there is a screw adjustment to adjust the output pressure. If you see a screw driver slot adjust it counter clockwise to lower the pressure. I set mine for 50 PSI.
    You should have a one way valve in the input side so water does not escape if the input hose is removed.

You might want to take the pressure reducer apart and clean the unit. Mine had a lot of rust inside. Once I cleaned everything. It worked fine. I did both sides they were really bad.

Quote Originally Posted by questover View Post
    You might want to take the pressure reducer apart and clean the unit. Mine had a lot of rust inside. Once I cleaned everything. It worked fine. I did both sides they were really bad.
    This oprion sound good for me. This regulator has never been used since 1981.
    Probably this items is blocked by rust....
    I will let you know...thank yout