Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Removing wax from Imron

Trying to help a dock neighbor - what is the best way to remove old wax from Imron? Thanks.

Re: Removing wax from Imron

Dawn dish soap - the original formula, not the scented types - is excellent at removing wax. It is recommended by several different car finish product companies - none of which are associated/affiliated with Dawn - for that purpose. I have used it many times to to remove car wax. Just normal washing with Dawn will do it. It may take a couple of washes if there is a heavy coat of wax.
    Mike P
    San Miguel de Allende, Mexico; Kent Island MD; San Antonio TX
    1980 53MY "Brigadoon"

I use either McQuires wax removal or awlgrip reducer...reducer really cleans it. also found that "boat zoap" takes off the wax. The Dawn soap is good stuff, neutral PH. good for Isenglass also..

I don't wax our Imron, but I do polish it annualy with 3M Finesse it II. If you did have wax on your Imron simply polshing the boat with Fiesse it II would remove the wax and make the paint look like new.
    Maynard
    UNITY '86 36C