Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: propeller size

propeller size

My boat is a 45 c 1985 series II with 6v92 535hp .I currently have 26X28 three blade nibral props . The boat was dry docked during katrina how ever it floated and is sitting on the asphalt with light cosmetic damage . Both props are bent > This would be a good time to reprop . Does anyone have any experience with putting a four blade . Or is this prop already the perfect one ? I like to cruise the boat around 1800 rpm . I have a about 500lbs extra on the bow. Any recomendations ?

Re: propeller size

If you want to keep the 3 blades, I have a mint set of 26x28 for a 1985 45 C.

Quote Originally Posted by captddis
    thanks . insurance will be paying for new.

I have a 1973 45C with 8V71TI's (Rated by Hatteras at 435HP, rated by Detroit at 450HP). Admittedly my boat is a bit tricked out, but, I run 4 bladed Nibral props with the dimensions 28X30 with a "medium" cup. I do in fact get full RPM at WOT, no overheating, and NO vibration. I cruise at 2000 RPM and run at between 20.5 and 21.5 knots. Also have a set of 3 bladed props as spares (got them at a good price) also 28X30 and I get more vibration from them, no appreciable change in speed.

My opinion is go for the 4 blade props.

OldHatt45

Quote Originally Posted by captddis
    HOW MUCH FOR THE SET?

will take 700.00