Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Systems Monitor - 3 Point

The alarm for both engines will randomly go off while the engine keys are turned off. The only solution to stop the alarm is to remove the fuses. This stops the howling but hardly fixes the problem.

Any experiences with or at least suggestions regarding the best way to fix this problem?

Thanks
    Regards,
    Vincent Castigliola
    Lilly Marie - 43 DC 1983
    Pascagoula, Mississippi

Rather than history as a peaceful continuum interrupted by war, “For the first time in the nation's history men in authority are talking about an "emergency" without a foreseeable end" _ C. Wright Mills 1956

Re: Systems Monitor - 3 Point

Vincent,
    I was having similar problems and was going to send the panel off to have the panel trouble shot to find out what needed to be replaced. I contacted several different companies to repair the board and got bids from 375 to 1000.00. I ended up with Flight Systems inc. in Florida (I think) and I asked them to instead of trouble shooting just replace everything on the board with new diodes etc. I ended up with basically a new board for less than 375.00. No more false alarms and everything seems to be functioning well. Make sure you label everything well before removal of the panel. Hope this helps.

I also had false alarms as you discribe them not to long ago. I found the problem in the flybridge engine key switch. apperently corrosion was setting internally. After giving the switch a good cleaning with WD-40 the problem went away and has not returned.
    Mario
    1972 58' Hatteras Yachtfisherman
    Siboney

Ditto, same issue and fix as Mario had, mine was the stb'd side key sw, and there is zero service loop in the wires to the key sw. poor design.

Thanks,
    I'll try the key switches first.
    Regards,
    Vincent Castigliola
    Lilly Marie - 43 DC 1983
    Pascagoula, Mississippi

Rather than history as a peaceful continuum interrupted by war, “For the first time in the nation's history men in authority are talking about an "emergency" without a foreseeable end" _ C. Wright Mills 1956