Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

New Hypalon for RIB

I am looking at purchasing a used RIB. The engine and fiberglass are in great shape but the Hypalon is shot. Before I put in any offer I need an idea of the cost to have all they hypalon replaced on a 15' RIB. If you ventured down this path, I would appreciate the insight and expereince. In addition, any recomendations for a experienced Hypalon shop in Florida would be appreciated. Thanks!
    Best regards,
    --
    David

Re: New Hypalon for RIB

david, i have been told that it isn't worth doing, but you could call the dealer that sells that brand of rib and find out how much replacement tubes would cost and then the cost of installing them.

I think a set of tubes for a 15' RIB is going to be North of $12000.00
    "Mambeaux"
    1985 43MY

We retubed a 15' Rendova a few months ago (tender on the 70 footer i run). It was well worth it!! Look s like new!

I first got a quote from the inflatable and raft place on SR 84 for $8k ... Then Mario gave me the number for a shop just a few blocks north of SR84, they made new tubes for about $3500. Great fit, excellent service, took a couple weeks

Price will likely depends on how they are fitted. On the Rendova the whole thing just slides on, no glue on the fiberglass.

I ll look up the name and number if interested
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

I appreciate everyone's feedback. I was able to obtain a quote from a group in the Lauderdale area that is in line with what Pascal has stated. So with a good RIB hull it is worth getting the Hypalon redone. Thanks!
    Best regards,
    --
    David

Quote Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
    We retubed a 15' Rendova a few months ago (tender on the 70 footer i run). It was well worth it!! Look s like new!

I first got a quote from the inflatable and raft place on SR 84 for $8k ... Then Mario gave me the number for a shop just a few blocks north of SR84, they made new tubes for about $3500. Great fit, excellent service, took a couple weeks

Price will likely depends on how they are fitted. On the Rendova the whole thing just slides on, no glue on the fiberglass.

I ll look up the name and number if interested
    I'd be interested, need a new tube for a YL340.

Thanks
    GLORY Hull # 365
    Northport, NY

me as well, i need tubes for a nautica 13.5 widebody
    Shawn
    58 MY

Me too...
    If the engine and hull are in good shape, $3 - $4 grand for new tubes basically ensures that you have a new boat.
    I'll definitely go this route when last years paint job wears off....

A little compound/wax on the interior/exterior of the hull with an orbital and it should appear you have a new $20,000 RIB.

Mario's guy is going to be very busy! Ed is bringing his rubber boat down from Atlanta on Thursday to drop off with Silvio. He's very good and affordable.
    Ang
    1980 58MY "Sanctuary"
    www.sanctuarycharteryacht.com

Found the nr for Sylvio (mario's rib guy...)

(786) 486-2229

He s a few blocks north of SR 84 in FLL
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat