Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Garmin 2010C

Angry Garmin 2010C

Here is my problem. The software on my Garmin 2010C is version 2.14, current version is 5.9. The largest data card that can be used is a 64MB Garmin #101-10226-12 or -02, the software update is bigger than 64MB. All I really need is to be able to transfer data from the card to the chartplotter. Garmin no longer supports this unit and has no suggestions, has anyone had this problem and found a fix?
    Curt

Re: Garmin 2010C

I can't do it with the 3010 either.

My Ipad, however, with iNavX, automatically updates and is far easier to use...

Lately it's all we use for actual nav. The garmin has the radar and depth incorporated so it's still pat of the operation but it's a bit amusing to see the iPad run rings around it as far as actual nav is concerned and because I have been unable to update the data, it's actually almost dangerous to use the Garmin as far as buoys, channels, etc.
    Mike P
    San Miguel de Allende, Mexico; Kent Island MD; San Antonio TX
    1980 53MY "Brigadoon"

It seems to me, there was a download cable that would allow you to hook up the unit to your laptop. You should be able to update that way.
    1986 52 Convertible
    Island Son

1986 52 Convertible
    Island Son

Yes, there is. But the cable is a serial cable which came with the 3010c and I haven't owned a computer with a serial interface since around the time I bought the Garmins There is also a Garmin Card reader/writer that you are supposed to be able to connect to the computer (USB) and update the card itself. I bought one of those and that has also never worked for me on the computers I own.

The Ipad updates the charts automatically when they are revised by NOAA - no thinking/cursing involved!
    Mike P
    San Miguel de Allende, Mexico; Kent Island MD; San Antonio TX
    1980 53MY "Brigadoon"

Quote Originally Posted by MikeP View Post
    Yes, there is. But the cable is a serial cable which came with the 3010c and I haven't owned a computer with a serial interface since around the time I bought the Garmins There is also a Garmin Card reader/writer that you are supposed to be able to connect to the computer (USB) and update the card itself. I bought one of those and that has also never worked for me on the computers I own.

The Ipad updates the charts automatically when they are revised by NOAA - no thinking/cursing involved!
    You have got to try one of the networked systems. Touch where you want to go and autopilot will automatically kick in. There is even a remote control. You can set parameters like depth and it will make a route using those parameters. If you see a sounder mark you can create an exact waypoint by backing up the sounder screen. Radar overlay is great too, pretty cool to be able to mark the cans/buoys to be sure they line up with the chart.

I have used the Navionics app on my iPhone and it is actually pretty good.
    1986 52 Convertible
    Island Son

I have a 128MB garmin mapsource data card that you are welcome to borrow if you like. I also have the garmin card reader/writer you can borrow.
    "Mambeaux"
    1985 43MY

Thanks Mambeaux, but Garmin said that the biggest card I can use with the current software is a 64mb. I also have the readed and the serial cable but on compputer with a serial port. looks like the admarial will be getting a new Ipad.
    Curt

There are serial to usb cables out there...would something like that help?
    Searching...
    Daytona Beach, FL

MikeP How do you have your iPad set up? Do you use it on the flybridge? Do you have some kind of holder?
    Life is good!