Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: (7) NEW Super Hooker Anchor 43 Lb Galvonized

I don't know. I think we try to deal with things case by case and keep it private, not commercial postings. It gets sticky when you are in the marine business (as both of you folks are) and yet the items in question belong to you personally. Speaking only for myself, I would allow anything that belongs to a forum member to be sold on the forum classifieds, and I would avoid becoming the intent police as far as when it was bought and for what reason. All of us purchase boating items we turn out not to need, and resell them if we can; the situation of someone being in the business and running across a deal on a group of items (which may be what happened in this instance) which they then buy hoping to resell and make a few dollars is somewhat unusual, but it does happen. (for example, a few years ago I found a deal on 100 feet of SS anchor chain, which I grabbed in an instant, then cutting it up and selling what I didn't need to friends etc- although I chose not to profit on it)

I try to avoid any more policing than is absolutely necessary on here, and hope you all understand that. That's been the way my moderator job is described to me, and if I err, and I am sure I do, it is probably on the side of not doing enough rather than doing too much. At least I hope so.

30 props and a dozzen anchors is not some personal stuff. Its a large amount of inventory and would not seem to be personal stuff for sale. Im sure if he had posted an item or two we would not be here but as a non member posting large quantities of surplus items I see a commercial posting weather he has the proper business licenses and sales taxregistration or not. Its not the spirit of the site where members with similar boats canbuy and sell from other members.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

$75 plus shipping