Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

You can now claim you received the Medal of Honor

Even if you never served in the military at all! http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/suprem...6#.T-yyeo7LtSU

Similarly, a Dishonorable Discharge, which used to be a fairly heavy duty millstone re future civilian employment but now seems to mean nothing at all re employment.

We talk about supporting the troops but basically we're just running our mouths. Saying that it's OK for some sleazeball to lie about service/awards, doesn't really "support" the military at all.

This really steams me but oh well, the times they are a'changin!
    Mike P
    San Miguel de Allende, Mexico; Kent Island MD; San Antonio TX
    1980 53MY "Brigadoon"

Re: You can now claim you received the Medal of Honor

What did you expect out of the current administration?

In my opinion dabama should have produced a birth certificate before he was allowed on the presidential ticket not after his election. As president, he has powers not afforded anyone else, he took what 2 years plus to produce the birth certificate, with that kind of time, anyone that knows how to use a computer could make up a phoney document.

Just think, the candidates in the upcomming election can lie their way into office, just like dabama schemed his way in with a bunch of smooth talk, and empty promises, unfortuneately with the help of the press he will probably do it again.

The press won't even report on Ron Paul, they are scared as hell of him. No I am not a Paul supporter, but I do think all candidates should get equal coverage from the press.

3. Re: You can now claim you received the Medal of Honor

Well,
    Tomorrow at 10:30am my father in law is being interned here at the Jacksonville Veteran Cemetary with military honors...
    He served in WWII in both Africa and Italy yet NEVER talked about it.
    Wonder what he would say about this.......
    Charlie Freeman
    "No Dial Tone"
    1973 43' DCMY
    Fernandina Beach, Fl
    www.yachtmoves.com

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxfishgyd View Post
    Well,
    Tomorrow at 10:30am my father in law is being interned here at the Jacksonville Veteran Cemetary with military honors...
    He served in WWII in both Africa and Italy yet NEVER talked about it.
    Wonder what he would say about this.......
    My condolences to you and your family Charlie.

May your father in law rest in peace. Fair winds and Following Seas to him.

Please thank his kids (and wife if she survived him) for his service from me as an ex-serviceman. Yanks and Aussies have shared this stuff for a long time.
    Cheers,

Rick H,
    Old Shipwright.
    Melbourne, Australia.

One day, your life is going to flash before your eyes....
    ..Make sure it's worth watching!!!

Hi All,

I echo Ricks condolences and wish for fair winds and thanks of service.

I'm going to take this a bit father than Mike and say it REALLY pisses me off.

My dad died at 80 two years ago and served in the Navy for 21 years, enlisting underage at 17.

This BS is completely disrespectful of all Americans who served their country willingly, proudly, courageously and often in mortal danger.

My Dad would be disgusted.
    Last edited by lumina; 06-29-2012 at 03:08 PM.
    Gene
    Former Owner 1974 Hatteras Yachtfish
    Glittering Image

Hull # 50
    Total Production 1972-1975 Sixty Four

I sat at a bar not too long ago and got into a conversation with some guys (who I had never met). One of them regaled me with a story of how he received a Purple Heart for "bravery." I asked him if he had been wounded in the action (which is what you get a PH for) and he said "No, but I DID plenty of wounding!" I just gritted my teeth and changed the subject to politics which seemed easier to bear!

My dad - who died about 18 months ago, was a WWII, Korea, Vietnam vet. As is the case with most vets of that era, he would only talk about it if you asked him specific questions. He would provide a lot of interesting stuff if you asked but, again as seems typical for his generation, he pooh-poohed his own actions.
    Mike P
    San Miguel de Allende, Mexico; Kent Island MD; San Antonio TX
    1980 53MY "Brigadoon"

All those guys fought for the right for some goon to spout his mouth (or pen) and say stupid stuff. Of course I don't agree with false claims, but I do agree with the right of free speech. And I would think that if somebody lied about honors to somebody else, it would be a civil dispute anyway.

Direction shift: the military of today is about political correctness anyway. PC often takes precedence to actual mission execution. Remember, the .mil is a large bureaucracy too. With that said, thank goodness for special forces!
    FTFD... i drive a slow 1968 41c381

8. Re: You can now claim you received the Medal of Honor

What a simple but DIGNIFIED ceremony.
    Everything was handled in complete class....
    My wife just smiles and knows her daddy got what he deserved
    Charlie Freeman
    "No Dial Tone"
    1973 43' DCMY
    Fernandina Beach, Fl
    www.yachtmoves.com

Charlie,
    Thanks to your father for his service - from all of my family! My oldest son just returned from his second combat tour,(this tour not wounded), my next oldest son should return from his combat tour in October ( God willing) and meet his new daughter for the first time! Many of you know my service record, my family appreciates guys like your father - my father was a WWII combat vet and passed 45 years ago. Our salutes to your father!
    Bear'
    1984 61' MY Strategic Plan

Severice to your country is generous and brave, lip service saying you served your country is cowardous.

I daily enjoy the generous and brave things many vets and active service men and woman did for the US, freedom and liberty.

It's not possible to thank them all, so the next time you see one thank them.

JM
    GLORY Hull # 365
    Northport, NY