Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

clean hull...not

When the boat I went to survey was hauled out it was not clean. It had a film of green on it. I was in shock. I would never present a boat for a new buyer looking like that. The sad thing was I had it surveyed anyway, not quite sure what to do now that I have had time to think about it. I should not have to pay for cleaning my new used boat, and what if I find blisters. Have not got report yet.
    RAM

Re: clean hull...not

There are about 5 to 6 threats on this sight about blisters search blisters . Bottom line if they are about the size of a nickle do not worry if they are like your mothers wash pan worry.
    As for the green slime welcom to boating you just cleaned the other mans bottom
    unless you purchase it.

Usually the buyer pays for the haul and the seller pays for necessary cleaning..
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

Quote Originally Posted by Boatsb View Post
    Usually the buyer pays for the haul and the seller pays for necessary cleaning..
    Thanks: I guess when I had it hauled it should have been cleaned then, funny nobody offered that. It would have taken just a few minutes. First time, lesson learned. Thanks for your reply

Quote Originally Posted by tIM pOWELL View Post
    There are about 5 to 6 threats on this sight about blisters search blisters . Bottom line if they are about the size of a nickle do not worry if they are like your mothers wash pan worry.
    As for the green slime welcom to boating you just cleaned the other mans bottom
    unless you purchase it.
    I know about blisters, I couldn't believe anbody would show a boat like that.

If you haven't closed on it yet, maybe make it part of the deal, let the seller pay for the cleaning.

Quote Originally Posted by ram View Post
    When the boat I went to survey was hauled out it was not clean. It had a film of green on it. I was in shock. I would never present a boat for a new buyer looking like that. The sad thing was I had it surveyed anyway, not quite sure what to do now that I have had time to think about it. I should not have to pay for cleaning my new used boat, and what if I find blisters. Have not got report yet.
    RAM
    Pretty typical but It should have been power washed while out of the water. I'd want a clean bottom for the sea trial.
    Jack Sardina

This brings up an interesting point. Why pay for a haul out before sea trial? If it fails the sea trial, then a decision can be made, having a survey before sea trials IMHO can easily be a waste of money. Do the sea trial get things repaired or a committment to reduce the price accordingly, redo the sea trial if applicable, then do the survey.

If a buyer is serious about selling, the problems should have been addressed before it was put on the market. Any broker that knowingly presents a boat without informing a prospective buyer of known existing problems, in not a broker I want to work with.

Some brokers want to have a survey done before sea trial, that's bs IMHO.

They probably do that to weed out the real buyers from the people trying to get a freeboatride.

I'm curious how "green" the bottom was. In some areas you'll pick up a slime fairly quickly that will have negligible effect on performance. OTOH, if it looked like a beard.... well.

Without pictures I'm only speculating, but if I was trying to sell a boat I might not want to haul it every two weeks to keep it spotless.
    --- The poster formerly known as Scrod ---

I want to live in Theory, everything works there.

1970 36C375

Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    They probably do that to weed out the real buyers from the people trying to get a freeboatride.

I'm curious how "green" the bottom was. In some areas you'll pick up a slime fairly quickly that will have negligible effect on performance. OTOH, if it looked like a beard.... well.

Without pictures I'm only speculating, but if I was trying to sell a boat I might not want to haul it every two weeks to keep it spotless.
    I totally agree about the weeding out the free boat ride. I would expect that before sea trial, a purchase agreement, and sales contract, and deposit money in hand would be completed.