Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Price Drop?!

Price Drop?!

Don't think this has been posted yet. Was looking idly at a Hatt '78 53' MY, when I heard the price: $100k. So I took the tour of her. She has 8v71Ti's, post-installed Stabs and thruster, and 13' or so rib. Asking price is down to $100k. Very clean, 600hrs SMOH on mains, ER's very clean, whole boat very clean and no "hatt smell', even in the ER. Genny room spotless, salon beautiful. Galley upgraded around 1996 or so and also the electronics. So now vintage, but very good shape.

Owner took good care of her, and had a custom ladder installed to the swim platform. Oh, man, wish I was in the market!. Owner died 3 years ago, and family turned down $229k 2 yrs ago, I was told!

Amazing how prices have fallen!
    50 Years on the Great Lakes...

Re: Price Drop?!

That is amazing. I have been hard at work restoring a 50 MY over the last 2 years. I have been extremely frugal in my spending for this exact reason. I just finished breaking down the "bad" 8v71
    and sent it to the machine shop. Rebuild is going to be much less expensive. I have kept the 100k mark in my head as a do not cross line but as I watch prices fall I'm thinking that it might be more
    like 50k. Deals are out there. I wonder if it will go any lower?

e

Quote Originally Posted by spartonboat1 View Post
    Don't think this has been posted yet. Was looking idly at a Hatt '78 53' MY, when I heard the price: $100k. So I took the tour of her. She has 8v71Ti's, post-installed Stabs and thruster, and 13' or so rib. Asking price is down to $100k. Very clean, 600hrs SMOH on mains, ER's very clean, whole boat very clean and no "hatt smell', even in the ER. Genny room spotless, salon beautiful. Galley upgraded around 1996 or so and also the electronics. So now vintage, but very good shape.

Owner took good care of her, and had a custom ladder installed to the swim platform. Oh, man, wish I was in the market!. Owner died 3 years ago, and family turned down $229k 2 yrs ago, I was told!

Amazing how prices have fallen!
    Holy Snapping Duck S___ Batman!!!!

Spartan, where is this boat??? Is it listed online somewhere I can view it?

Please send me a PM with the details if you wouldn't mind
    Cheers,

Rick H,
    Old Shipwright.
    Melbourne, Australia.

One day, your life is going to flash before your eyes....
    ..Make sure it's worth watching!!!

Hey, It's not just boats. I was in PCB in March . Half acre on the Gulf , 5600 square foot house, quality construction, tile roof, custom pool and hot tub surrounded by what seemed like a quarter acre of tile ........900 something. I came home and looked it up; assesed value 2.2, four years ago aseesed value was 3.9 mil. It was sold in July for 188/sq. ft. or 941 K.......crazy stuff ........Pat

Quote Originally Posted by Seabrooke View Post
    Holy Snapping Duck S___ Batman!!!!

Spartan, where is this boat??? Is it listed online somewhere I can view it?

Please send me a PM with the details if you wouldn't mind
    the listing
    http://www.yachtworld.com/boats/1978.../United-States

You're a champion mate,

Thanks
    Cheers,

Rick H,
    Old Shipwright.
    Melbourne, Australia.

I know this boat. PM if you want my observations. It has been highly modified inside and is all bright white. The galley windows have leaked quite badly. It does need work. I, personally, would not consider it based on what I have seen and what other good buys are out there.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

Quote Originally Posted by SKYCHENEY View Post
    I know this boat. PM if you want my observations. It has been highly modified inside and is all bright white. The galley windows have leaked quite badly. It does need work. I, personally, would not consider it based on what I have seen and what other good buys are out there.
    Thanks Sky,

I understand there is an offer on the boat so it's probably not an issue.

The images looked very good but hey, closer knowledge is always a far better thing. I'd still be interested to learn more. I'll pm you later today
    Cheers,

Rick H,
    Old Shipwright.
    Melbourne, Australia.

Quote Originally Posted by SKYCHENEY View Post
    Well, I must admit that if the owners turned down $229k two years, on the advice of the family atty, then his advice was not beneficial. At least, that is the story from the broker. The current offer of $100k is by someone "out East", whatever that is. Doubt if it went through, unless the buyer arranged for storage in Grand Haven, as its too late to move it, plus captain's cost.

I must admit the boat is far from bristol, but was very nice once. If they turned down $100k (supposedly countered w/$105k), then an even lower offer may be in the offing and they will blame the broker. Shoot, without home equities to buy these boats, and loans hard to come by in that age range, (1978), its "how low can you go?".

Quote Originally Posted by spartonboat1 View Post
    Well, I must admit that if the owners turned down $229k two years, on the advice of the family atty, then his advice was not beneficial. At least, that is the story from the broker. The current offer of $100k is by someone "out East", whatever that is. Doubt if it went through, unless the buyer arranged for storage in Grand Haven, as its too late to move it, plus captain's cost.

I must admit the boat is far from bristol, but was very nice once. If they turned down $100k (supposedly countered w/$105k), then an even lower offer may be in the offing and they will blame the broker. Shoot, without home equities to buy these boats, and loans hard to come by in that age range, (1978), its "how low can you go?".
    Quincy,
    This is not your typical 53MY. There is a reason it is so low. It has been butchered. Most people looking for a true classic will not want this boat. The master stateroom has an island bed that is not even the original shape or height. It looks like a Searay back there. Someone had some grand ideas. Unfortunately, they should have just bought the boat that fit their needs instead of ruining this one.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI