Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

another inflatable question

Am I missing something fundamental here??? Sealed my inflatable, inflated it and this morning (early) she had lost some pressure. Just checked again and she's fully inflated! does this have something to do with the temperature? its hot now and in direct sun. If the temp dictates the pressure....should I inflate when cold, or will that cause an over-inflated issue when it heats up in the sun? the difference in pressure from cold to hot was pretty dramatic...thanks

Re: another inflatable question

temp does change the pressure, i inflate mine to the proper pressure when i am ready to use it, and let a little out when it is sitting, just in case the temp goes up, dont want to pop it or split a seam

Unless you're inflating with nitrogen there's going to be a difference because of the temperature. Does the manual have any recommendations?
    --- The poster formerly known as Scrod ---

I want to live in Theory, everything works there.

1970 36C375

no manual. its a very old boston whaler. i've requested info from the company and waiting for a reply.

Inflatables on use 3.5-4 lbs of air pressure, so temp plays a significant role in their level of fill. Try filling it up on a hot day on the boat, and then placing it in cold water. You'll have to top it off again. Its normal. When the inflatable is left sitting in the water, the water temp causes some regularity in pressure. Put the inflatable on the deck and watch the temps inflate the boat.
    1978 Yachtfisher 58' #447