Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

In the market for 1986 54 Moto Yacht and new to the boating community

Hello!

I am new to the forum and new to the boating community. My wife and I are looking to move to Annapolis MD to start a restaurant/family and use the boat to live on for the first year. We are currently looking at a 1986 54 moto yacht with 0 hours on the engines since they have been rebuilt. The asking price is $249,000 and they came back at $200,000, I am asking for $170,000 since the boat needs updated electronics, and install fresh exterior canvas and a major cleaning.

My broker is currently going to look and inspect the boat. Any suggestions or help would be great since this is our first boat on how to negotiate or questions to ask. In addition, any suggestions on learning about how to operate the boat and maintaining it. I have included a picture of the boat we are looking at. 99070238_1thumb.jpg99070238_18thumb.jpg99070238_20thumb.jpg
    Thank you!
    Chris
    Christopher Z Ritchie
    404-553-4344
    zoltanjr@gmail.com

Re: In the market for 1986 54 Moto Yacht and new to the boating community

That particular boat has been sitting on the hard for quite a while. Make sure to check all systems that may or may not have been winterized properly!

Re: In the market for 1986 54 Moto Yacht and new to the boating community

I currently own a 1987, 54 MY purchased 2 years ago. If you have any questions give me a call at 610-453-5964.
    As stated in the previous email, that boat has been on the market a long while and I believe as noted out of the water.
    Suggest you go up and look at it before you go much further.