Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Diesel fuel up in Louisanna?

Planning on stopping in Grande Isle La for diesel on my trip to the Bahamas from TX. Does anyone have a favorite place in Grande Isle or another port where diesel is easy access for a 74' Hatt? Sand Dollar Marina in Grande Isle said they might be able to accommodate us but will probably have to move a shrimper or two and I can squeeze in to the dock. I also thought about going on up to Venice but it is an extra 2 hours up and back out of the bayous. Any help or other thoughts would be great.
    Thanks.

Re: Diesel fuel up in Louisanna?

Shell Morgan in Intracoastal city is always reasonable, if not the cheapest.

are you going straight across the gulf, or are you going to follow the coast? if you are going to follow the coast, you could go into venice to fuel up(lots of fuel docks), then cross the mississippi river into baptiste collett, and then into the mississippi sound to follow the coast.

Shooting straight across to Clearwater after Louisanna. Did not really want to go up to Venice and was hoping for a quick in and out stopping only for fuel unless the weather turns nasty. I will look into intercoastal.
    thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wsdemmer View Post
    Planning on stopping in Grande Isle La for diesel on my trip to the Bahamas from TX. Does anyone have a favorite place in Grande Isle or another port where diesel is easy access for a 74' Hatt? Sand Dollar Marina in Grande Isle said they might be able to accommodate us but will probably have to move a shrimper or two and I can squeeze in to the dock. I also thought about going on up to Venice but it is an extra 2 hours up and back out of the bayous. Any help or other thoughts would be great.
    Thanks.
    buy it from a tug or any commercial boat. dean blanchards is on grand isle past the sand dollar
    commercial shrimp dock ragged but probably a lot cheaper than sand dollar capt rick

I will definitely give them a try.
    thanks