Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Wing Doors and side drains

I've framed one wing door on the stbd side.
    The door required a drain cut into the toe rail. It is kind of an interesting process and simpler than I expected. I stopped to take a few pictures when I cut the port side rail. In case anyone want to see what the process looks like:

Regards,
    Vincent Castigliola
    Lilly Marie - 43 DC 1983
    Pascagoula, Mississippi

Rather than history as a peaceful continuum interrupted by war, “For the first time in the nation's history men in authority are talking about an "emergency" without a foreseeable end" _ C. Wright Mills 1956

Re: Wing Doors and side drains

Did the same thing on mine, easy job put teak step boards over the cuts don't even notice them. Bill
    Bill Allen 1973 43 dc
    Brielle N.J.

3. Re: Wing Doors and side drains

Who ever did the wing doors on mine only put a 1" tube to drain the water.... Hence I now have two rotted door frames that need replacing... THEN I'll do the same to drain the water out...
    Charlie Freeman
    "No Dial Tone"
    1973 43' DCMY
    Fernandina Beach, Fl
    www.yachtmoves.com

The previous owner of our 58' YF did a very nice job of putting scuppers in the toe rail about 8-12" prior to the drains. The scuppers handle moving all of the water overboard, giving the drains very little to do...
    1978 Yachtfisher 58' #447

Mine only had 3/8 i.d. Tubes it was always a mess almost any rain and it ran over the sides and door jamb. Only time it comes in now is a gully washer. Wasn't even that hard to do. Bill
    Bill Allen 1973 43 dc
    Brielle N.J.