Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Flo-Scan Install

I am installing Flo Scan units on my 12v71ti's and am wondering when others have installed them did you install both sender and return units above the manifold or did you split them port and starboard. I know the sender needs to be down line of the Racors but can both units be located on the starboard side @ the manifold.

2. Re: Flo-Scan Install

I split them on my engines when I put them on Gigabite with the senders (inlet and return.) The instructions are pretty specific as to requirements -- the big one is that the fuel should flow upward somewhat after leaving the sender (whether forward or return) and the forward sender must be after the primary filter so any gunk is filtered out before it goes through the transducer but before the fuel pump. You also want the transducers mounted as close to level as is practical.
    http://www.denninger.net - Home page with blog links and more
    http://market-ticker.org - The Market Ticker

Re: Flo-Scan Install

Thanks for the reply. I ended up splitting them today also. I pitched the senders slightly upward for the flow to go uphill. I finished installing the senders and returns, installed the gauges and ran the two and four pair shielded wire. Now I need to measure all of the fuel hoses, have them made and install the hoses. I am having my electronics tech do all of the electrical hook ups and calibration once I am done doing the grunt work.

just make sure you have a rag or something to cover the gague so it doesnt make you sick to see how much fuel you are burining at 4.50-5.00 per gallon....

I tell anybody that asks that it is the cost of moving my "house" .