Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Trip Update

Trip Update

Greetings from Guntersville, AL. Took a few days off from traveling, and finally got through Wilson Lock. The main lock is closed, and the small capacity of the auxillary chamber has thinks backed up for days. Got a little damage on the Hatt passing through Wilson's auxillary chamber. It's a two stage lift, and you have to change sides. I was rigged for a starbord bollard tie, and had to make a quick change to port. In my haste, I place a fender across the engine room air intake area, and the plastic finishing molding/housing got broken in a few places. Spent last night at Wheeler State Park Marina, and I give it a 10. It was pouring rain, so I cut the day short, and I'm glad I did...all u can eat crab legs at the lodge! Couple of pics...stage 1 in the Wilson Lock, View from the wheelhouse on a rainy day, and safely in port at Wheeler State Park. Tomorrow I'm running for Nickajack, then Chattanooga, Blue Springs and HOME!
    Attached Images