Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

T Charter rating for a 1973 Classic

I am the proud owner of "Carmen" a 1973 Classic 53' Hatteras and we live in Sauguatuck Michigan.

I am interested in finding anyone who has a had a 53' Hatt Coast Guard certified for doing T charters, which would allow me to take more than 6 passengers and 1 additional crew. I'd appreciate any
    referral.

Thanks for taking the time to read my post!

Jeff Phillips

616 717-0064

Re: T Charter rating for a 1973 Classic

This has been discuaaed before. It's an expensive process converting a boat to a head boat since your boat wasn't built that way. Six pack can run pretty much as many crew as you want and if stopped can prove they're crew. As far as the boat, life rafts, engine room stuff, hatchs, not certain about fire proff resins, and of course a stabilty test to name a few. I thing it wound up being to expensive to make the changes but good luck. Bill
    Bill Allen 1973 43 dc
    Brielle N.J.

Although I don't know about the procedure, you will certainly be allowed to carry more than 6 paks. Our '80 53MY had a charter approval with the previous owner - we still have the (no longer current) certs on board. I was surprised to find that it was certified to carry 37 people!
    Mike P
    San Miguel de Allende, Mexico; Kent Island MD; San Antonio TX
    1980 53MY "Brigadoon"

Mine was certified for 49 passengers. The previous owner who did the modification back in 1999-2000 said it was over $200,000 to make all the required modifications. No idea what it would cost today, but I'm sure it's more.
    Ang
    1980 58MY "Sanctuary"
    www.sanctuarycharteryacht.com