Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Post Looking for a Hatteras 42 c

I am ready for new boat, I am looking for a 42 c classic Hatteras, in most original condition as possible, with a interior station, a 41 to a 46 will do it, but the interior station is very important to me.
    I am in the Chesapeake region, the closest the better.
    If any one knows of one please let me know.

Re: Looking for a Hatteras 42 c

Quote Originally Posted by Massimo View Post
    I am ready for new boat, I am looking for a 42 c classic Hatteras, in most original condition as possible, with a interior station, a 41 to a 46 will do it, but the interior station is very important to me.
    I am in the Chesapeake region, the closest the better.
    If any one knows of one please let me know.
    http://www.yachtauctions.com/listing.php?vessel=7606

go to the above web site and be careful there are two there one looks fair

Tim

Check out this thread. This boat was on the Chesapeake for most of its life. Recently moved to Ft. Lauderdale. Very original with custom Hurley items (teak cockpit, teak eyebrows, FB arch, molded in pulpit, teak trimmed deck boxes). It has a lower station.

http://www.samsmarine.com/forums/sho...eras-1972-42-C

Also on Yachtworld at

http://www.yachtworld.com/boats/1972.../United-States
    Last edited by fissioneng; 03-22-2012 at 08:26 AM.
    Looking for another boat...not a Hatt

I know of one in Ct that's been for sale for a while. He's asking $30k. Here's the body of the ad from another site. Boat name is Prowler, out of Branford CT.

1974 42ft Hatteras sportfish-twin 6-71ti,s 410hp each-life raft-outriggers-centerrigger-fighting chair-radar-northstar gps chartplotter-2 vhf,s-fishfinder-gen-needs TLC-must sell due to health reasons and retired to S Carolina-will take best reasonable offer -boat is in Branford CT easier to contact by E-Mail at glennjo47@yahoo.com or 843-523-6541
    Everyone should believe in something - I believe I will go fishing - Henry David Thoreau

Madison is a beautiful boat. If you don't mind going slowly, you can go slowly in great style for a long time on that boat.....unfortunately, if you put in new engines, you'd be inverted for life.

Quote Originally Posted by jim rosenthal View Post
    Madison is a beautiful boat. If you don't mind going slowly, you can go slowly in great style for a long time on that boat.....unfortunately, if you put in new engines, you'd be inverted for life.
    Jim, I know, I was unable to see her when she was in Virginia, speed is not very important to me, I just wish she was still at Windmill Point.

Unfortunately I'm flying back to Md. out of Ft Lauderdale this morning or I would go look at her for you. I'll probably be back here again before long though. She looked good from the dock when I saw her at Bahia Mar a few weeks ago. You could call Chuck Grice at Virginia Yacht Brokers. He knows "Madison" very well having sold her before.
    Eric
    41TC 1966 Hull #53 "Requisite"
    Kent Island, MD/Ft. Lauderdale, FL

"Though she creaks - She holds"

How about a 1977 42c with cummins 480e diesels and zf gears with under 100 hours new on them. 8kw westerbeak gen set, 2500 freedom inverter charger with a 900 amp house battery bank, low profile davit with 11' hard bottom with 18hp on bow, new 1/2 tower, new 12" garmin gps/map, color graph machine with 3 transducer settings, autopilot, top side painted in 2005 with awlgrip, bottom good condition, all new running gear, shafts, struts and prop new with engine changeout, typical hatteras layout, galley down. 88lb delta anchor with 225 feet of 3/8 g4 chain and 300' 3/4 nylon attached to a new maxwell 2500 windless, lee riggers , large murry fighting chair, spare 45#delta, spare 66# bruce. THis boat is in good condition and ready to cruise or fish. with the new engines you burn 3 gallons /hr at 9mph, and slow cruise at 1800rpm going 19 mph getting 1.25 miles per gallon. If you want speed 2400 rpm gives 25mph and top speed is 29mph at 2600 rpm. The best I ever got out of the old detroits was 1 mile per galloon at idle and a little bit better than 1/2 mile per gallon at cruise speed of 14-15 mph depending on the load. Interested?

Could you send me some photos ?, the location, and price.
    Last edited by Massimo; 03-29-2012 at 12:44 PM.

I have a 1971 42' C with a tuna tower, powered by 1994 3208. 375 HP Turbo Caterpillars. She has a Westerbeke 7.6 gen, and a recent Cruisair 16,000 BTU AC. I am asking $40,000 net. Please call me toll free at (888) 847-0305 for more details.