Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: specs

specs

can anybody give me the specs length, width, and weight for a series 1 (1970)45sf, and a 1977 46sf. i didn't see the specs on the brochure sheet. thanks

Re: specs

Quote Originally Posted by bigbill View Post
    can anybody give me the specs length, width, and weight for a series 1 (1970)45sf, and a 1977 46sf. i didn't see the specs on the brochure sheet. thanks
    My '74 46C was 46' 2" beam was 14'9" draft was 4'6" weight with fuel was around 48K lbs according to the scale on the lift. The 45C is is a foot shorter and a couple of inches narrower due to the change in the rubrail. Draft is slightly less maybe 2-3". Weight should be slightly less.
    Jack Sardina

Quote Originally Posted by saltshaker View Post
    My '74 46C was 46' 2" beam was 14'9" draft was 4'6" weight with fuel was around 48K lbs according to the scale on the lift. The 45C is is a foot shorter and a couple of inches narrower due to the change in the rubrail. Draft is slightly less maybe 2-3". Weight should be slightly less.
    Hey Big Bill, I concur with Jack on the 46C which is what we have. A 1977 46C. Our NET Tonnage embossed in the hull of the chain locker says 25 ton net. Our last hull out showed about 48,000 gross by the Travel lift scale. This was about 3/4 fuel, 1/2 water no davit or dink and loaded so-so as a live-a-board.
    Hope this helps. Let me know if you need anything else.
    Jim & Kara Leither
    Currently Looking for Anoher Hatteras
    jleither50@yahoo.com

The tonnage on the documentation has nothing to do with actual weight of the boat. Its based on a calculation of volume and cargo capacity, I dont remember exactly but I'm sure one of the google expurts will chime in.
    "DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING YOU READ OR HEAR AND ONLY HALF OF WHAT YOU SEE" - BEN FRANKLIN

Endless Summer
    1967 50c 12/71n DDA 525hp
    ex Miss Betsy
    owners:
    Howard P. Miller 1967-1974
    Richard F Hull 1974-1976
    Robert J. & R.Scott Smith 1976-present

Dont know how readable these are. From the price and spec book 1970. I have every brochure and spec book from 1965 to the 80's.
    Attached Images
    "DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING YOU READ OR HEAR AND ONLY HALF OF WHAT YOU SEE" - BEN FRANKLIN

Endless Summer
    1967 50c 12/71n DDA 525hp
    ex Miss Betsy
    owners:
    Howard P. Miller 1967-1974
    Richard F Hull 1974-1976
    Robert J. & R.Scott Smith 1976-present

I recall what a Coast Guard inspector explained to a couple of us how the tonnage is determined. As I did not find it on google, nor am I a google expert, and I surely don't want any of the other members of the forum to think a person who rarely post knows anything. I hesitate to jump into yet another possible urinating contest.
    Last edited by Boatnut; 03-17-2012 at 12:25 AM.

Hi All,

Bill, (FWIW)

If you go to my profile you will see one Album there. Inside is a complete set of specs for all 1974 model year yachts......I believe there is a 46C in there.....,,,maybe a 45C as well.

Images are not great, if you need a clearer image I can send you one directly.....
    Last edited by lumina; 03-17-2012 at 02:41 PM.
    Gene
    Former Owner 1974 Hatteras Yachtfish
    Glittering Image

Hull # 50
    Total Production 1972-1975 Sixty Four