Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: Onan 15 kW generator

Quote Originally Posted by TopHattandTails View Post
    A buddy of mine is looking for parts for a Onan 15kw, MDJF. Need either a source (which I am having trouble locating) or parts for P/N 191-0554 (controller assembly start/stop disconnect switch) and P/N 815-0201 (plunger). Anyone have any sources they can share, or have some of these parts sitting around?
    I have a new 12 volt plunger .

I'm having issues with my starter on my 1978 15kw onan mdjf so I removed it to have it looked at. Now that I've removed the starter I can see the teeth are extremely worn down on the two areas the flywheel always starts from. Called cummins and they tell me I can no longer get a replacement flywheel. The easy fix, if it's possible, would be to remove the flywheel and rotate it a 1/4 of a turn so my bendix has good teeth to grab on ring gear/flywheel. Does anyone know if this is possible before I start tearing this apart? Or, where I can get a ring gear/flywheel?Thanks

Hello, what you can do is remove the fly wheel, ring gear and all and tap the ring gear off of it. If the teeth are better on the inside edge just flip it over. Put the ring gear in the oven to heat it up and it will slide right back on. I do not know if just moving it a quarter turn will solve your problem.

Walt Hoover