Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: Fuel Burn 36c 6-71Ta

Doug,
    I am not a seasoned pro. But I believe the 2600 is a no load #. My mechanic told me 2250 to 2300 should be spot on with load. The 22knt is a little slow but the bottom is three years old and I am hoping to see some gains with the new bottom job we are putting on her.
    David

No load should only be about 50 RPM's higher than loaded if I remember right.
    At least that is what I remember on my 8v53.
    You might want to interview a new mechanic.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

The 671s should turn 2500 WOT

you are getting a nice boat. I had the 6-71s on mine when I got it. one needed a cylinder job so instead I repowered with 450c diamond cummins remans. I got about a 1/2 mile to the gallon wth the 6-71s when fully loaded.With the cummins I get 20 knts cuise and a top speed of over 27 knts fully loaded. my boat starts chine walking at about 24 knts. By the way you should add a second set of trim tabs to the boat as the factory tabs are way to small. You can install them over the tunnels and tie then in to the existing hydraulic lines. your performance and mpg should improve quite a bit.
    brian
    1985 series II 36 convertible
    Palm city,fl