Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

condensation in rope locker

This was the first time I noticed this. I know I have a water leak around my pulpit so I periodically shine a flash light in the rope/chain locker to see if any water drips. This morning, I was showing someone the locker, when we saw loads of water all over the top of the locker. So much it was running down the side. I'v never seen that much water there before. We did have a mid 30's temp last night and I had the cabin nice and warm. Do yall think this is normal? Condensation was also all around the window frames (on the inside) as well. I might need to get a de-humidifier. The weather in Southport has been great. 60's in the day, 30's-40's at night. I'm trying to air things out as I write this. When taking showers on board, it must add lots of moisture to the cabin, then it condenses out during the night. I hate moisture. What do yall to fight this?
    Pate B.
    1985 43' MY "Blue Bayou"
    Southport, NC

Re: condensation in rope locker

Start by leaving doors open to dry out, and using fans to help it. You might try putting a Goldenrod in the locker and leaving it on. They don't draw much current. That, with a fan, might do it. As al alternative to the Goldenrod, you could leave a drop light on in there with a 75watt bulb in it, and see how that does. Might be enough.