Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: # question

# question

The 46c high performance modle was it so noted in the sereal number? If any one has one or knows for sure please let me know. I tried to figure it out on the web site but did not get satisfied . If the sereal # does not tell without pulling the boat and looking at the keel how else can you tell. Yes i know about the stickers(emblends) on the sides but now they are gone. Also if anyone knows what other features they have I would like to know or find out how to find out Tim

Re: # question

Not sure about the hull ID. The 46HP was built from '82 to "85. The big difference would be 8V92's and 2 1/2" shafts in the 46HP compared to 8V71's and 2" shafts in the standard 46C. The 46HP doesn't have ER hull side vents, carries 710gls of fuel, no centerline fuel tank in the ER and there are some extra transverse stringers.
    Jack Sardina

According to Power Boat Guide the HPs also had balsa coring in the hullsides. If the original 8V92s have been replaced perhaps the 2 1/2" shafts will be a good indication of an HP boat.

My father's 1983 46HP held 680 gallons of fuel - 520 gallons in the main cockpit tank and 160 gallons in a keel tank located under the engine room deck. If it helps, the HIN # was HATAS626M83E.

She happens to be for sale again on YW....
    Last edited by Capten; 01-29-2012 at 09:34 PM. Reason: remove link

Quote Originally Posted by Capten View Post
    According to Power Boat Guide the HPs also had balsa coring in the hullsides. If the original 8V92s have been replaced perhaps the 2 1/2" shafts will be a good indication of an HP boat.

My father's 1983 46HP held 680 gallons of fuel - 520 gallons in the main cockpit tank and 160 gallons in a keel tank located under the engine room deck. If it helps, the HIN # was HATAS626M83E.

She happens to be for sale again....
    http://www.yachtworld.com/boats/1983.../United-States
    Hi capt Paul

I have been looking for a few days at the 46's as a matter of fact i called about your old boat what about a pm to bring me up to speed on this boat if you do not mind, I understand the owner is purchasing another boat in florida that is the reason for this one to b for sale.. Tim

Quote Originally Posted by tIM pOWELL View Post
    The 46c high performance modle was it so noted in the sereal number? If any one has one or knows for sure please let me know. I tried to figure it out on the web site but did not get satisfied . If the sereal # does not tell without pulling the boat and looking at the keel how else can you tell. Yes i know about the stickers(emblends) on the sides but now they are gone. Also if anyone knows what other features they have I would like to know or find out how to find out Tim
    Shoot a PM to captddis. Dave has one of these and I'm sure he can tell you all about them.
    Randy Register - Kingston, TN
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

There are interior differences that I remember. The stateroom and engine room size being one.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

Quote Originally Posted by Boatsb View Post
    There are interior differences that I remember. The stateroom and engine room size being one.
    I found this little bit on Denson web site

http://www.denisonyachtsales.com/yac...boat-review-2/

TIM