Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Anyone know this boat?

http://www.thehulltruth.com/boat-com...y-59000-a.html

Looks like an great renovation.
    Got me thinking.......

Re: Anyone know this boat?

She looks very nice. I don't particularly care for that interior, but it's certainly functional. I'll be back in FLL in a few weeks. If she's still there and you want me to look at her for you I will.
    Eric
    41TC 1966 Hull #53 "Requisite"
    Kent Island, MD/Ft. Lauderdale, FL

"Though she creaks - She holds"

Nice looking boat. No sink in the galley? I'd be getting rid of the jinx bananna yellow tho.
    "DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING YOU READ OR HEAR AND ONLY HALF OF WHAT YOU SEE" - BEN FRANKLIN

Endless Summer
    1967 50c 12/71n DDA 525hp
    ex Miss Betsy
    owners:
    Howard P. Miller 1967-1974
    Richard F Hull 1974-1976
    Robert J. & R.Scott Smith 1976-present

These are heavy boats and would perform adequately but not brilliantly with 370Bs....I'd guess a 20kt cruise and 24 kts WOT. Just a guess.

Faster than what you're used to, Jeff, but you'd have to give up a lot of TV sets......

"DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING YOU READ OR HEAR AND ONLY HALF OF WHAT YOU SEE" - BEN FRANKLIN

Endless Summer
    1967 50c 12/71n DDA 525hp
    ex Miss Betsy
    owners:
    Howard P. Miller 1967-1974
    Richard F Hull 1974-1976
    Robert J. & R.Scott Smith 1976-present

Oh Lord, another bananaphobe blaming a fruit for poor fishing skills.

Don't you know it's bad luck to be superstitious?
    --- The poster formerly known as Scrod ---

I want to live in Theory, everything works there.

1970 36C375

Quote Originally Posted by jim rosenthal View Post
    These are heavy boats and would perform adequately but not brilliantly with 370Bs....I'd guess a 20kt cruise and 24 kts WOT. Just a guess.

Faster than what you're used to, Jeff, but you'd have to give up a lot of TV sets......
    Oh, the tv's and Kismet would stick around!! This just looked like a really good deal for a nice fishing boat. Of course, it's almost 50 years old ... which means a lot of headaches. But it IS a Hatteras!

Well, if it's been done over properly, and the systems updated, it would be fun. It's a lot less complicated than Kismet, no offense, and it would be a nice runner and a good place to fish from. And if you need help delivering it from FL to here, call me. Happy to oblige.

All those stripers you caught a few weeks ago didn't seem to do so well vs. a "non-fishing" boat. Looked just fine to me!
    George
    Former Owner: "Incentive" 1981 56MY
    2007-2014

Good point. The cost per striper is going to go up if you have a second boat. Esp one that burns three times the fuel....