Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Re: what is this boat?

Whatever it is, it's pretty damn ugly.

Viking motor yacht? Sheer at the bow looks as it slopes down at the bow a bit
    (formerly Nor'easter 1995 39 Hatt SX)

Im with Jack sheer looks 60c just below the waterline is off. Those weird stabilizers make the hull look like it doesnt carry the modified v as far back as Hargrave did... Too flat forward of midships.
    Shawn
    58 MY

Quote Originally Posted by nor'easter View Post
    Viking motor yacht? Sheer at the bow looks as it slopes down at the bow a bit
    There was a new Viking 82C at the marina where I bought my boat. When we saw the boat we were trying to figure out what it was. The bow was massive. We were shocked when we saw it was a Viking. That's the first non droopy nose Viking I ever saw.
    Jack Sardina

I thought it was an old egg harbor.

That is a 60SF that has been extended, and several "custom " additions like a sprial stair case to the bridge, a bridge enclosure, transom mod. It has been there, in the ferry yard, for at least 5 years. I had talked with the owner once, he pretty much told me here's your hat good by.

JM
    GLORY Hull # 365
    Northport, NY

Quote Originally Posted by Glory View Post
    That is a 60SF that has been extended, and several "custom " additions like a sprial stair case to the bridge, a bridge enclosure, transom mod. It has been there, in the ferry yard, for at least 5 years. I had talked with the owner once, he pretty much told me here's your hat good by.

JM
    Jerry is correct except for how long It has been there, its been there since the fall of 2000. A friend of mine did the extension and the ferry yard is a friend of mine I was just talking to Matt about it two weeks ago.
    I know all about this boat but I won't post it here!
    Dan
    End Of The Line II
    1967 34C

EOTL II Rebuild Web Page

><(((º>´¯`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸><((((º>`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸><(( (( º>¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸¸><(((º>

Dan and JM have the right boat, it is in the ferry yard.
    and it really does look like an extended hatteras...
    Last edited by RT46; 01-22-2012 at 08:35 PM.

The shrink wrap used to be all the way to the ground, with just the bow sticking out.

I'd love to see the boat, you know, for ideas to add to my already unmanageable list of ideas.

JM
    GLORY Hull # 365
    Northport, NY

If i had to guess, I would think it once looked something like this.....
    Attached Images