Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: Aft Hallway Lighting

I can't be any help on this one. I have a 32v fixture in the hall which uses two 1228 bayonet bulbs. There is a switch just inside the MSR door and another just forward of the stbd ER and it has never presented any issues for me, it is plenty bright and easy to find the switch in the dark, if there is any.
    George
    Former Owner: "Incentive" 1981 56MY
    2007-2014

Quote Originally Posted by sandspur1966 View Post
    Hey Sky

I am planning on having some moldings run out of teak that I want to install around the master berth and in companionways that will allow me to put some led rope lighting an inch or so above the deck. I think this will give it an OEM look, hide the lighting from above etc. Just need to figure out how to deal with the radius around corners.

See attached and let me know if you are interested and I'll share sourcing and maybe we can getter price for volume.

I am open to ideas about size and shape also. I think a simple bullnose will look best but could be convinced to do an ogee or something.

Attachment 11165
    Shawn,
    That is exactly what I was thinking of. The radius pieces would have to be hand cut to fit. It would be easiest to just stick with the bullnose.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

Thanks all. I guess I will try experimenting and see where it leads.

I added dimmable rope mood lighting in the kitchen of the condo by tucking it behind a small OG crown molding. The molding is mounted high on the wall but not in the corner of the ceiling and the light projects upward and reflects down. Since this would otherwise be a dim area on the boat and the molding is back lighted and above eye level, you can probably get by with pine or a common hard wood and stain/oil and have it look presentable. Also not to hard to cut teak if you really want it.

http://www.wishihadthat.com/crown-molding-small.aspx

What ever happened to 'clap on, clap off' switches?

Bobk

They're still around.

Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

i'm not sure the name of the company right now, but i bought some clear track that rope light snaps into. it makes the rope come out straight and it is clear so the light shines through all sides. i will post back the name as soon as i get back to the boat. i think it is (1000 bulbs dot com).

Shawn that's a nice idea. I think you may be able to slice a 90 degree into the tube , or rope, to handle the coner.

JM
    GLORY Hull # 365
    Northport, NY