Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: Duck Bills on VacuFlush

It can take them a week or two to settle in. Run a bunch of water through them; it helps if you do that before flushing anything through there. It's in the directions.
    George
    Former Owner: "Incentive" 1981 56MY
    2007-2014

I agree... Flush a lot of water and wait a bit. Don't overlook clamps... Turn off everything on the boat incl air con and listen carefully around clamps
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

fill the heads with 1" or so of water and see if it leaks down.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

Thanks guys. I decided to take a day off of the head today. Worked on sanding the mast on my boat. getting ready to paint it. My plan is to replace the bowl gaskets next an see if that helps.
    Thanks,
    captbuddy

Unless you can see that water is NOT staying in the bowl, leave the bowl seals alone

That a assuming that by bowl gasket you are referring to the ball valve seal. Otherwise vacuum leaks can happen at the seal between the bowl and the base (depends on exact VF model)
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

Try flushing with warm soapy water.

Bobk

Quote Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
    Unless you can see that water is NOT staying in the bowl, leave the bowl seals alone

That a assuming that by bowl gasket you are referring to the ball valve seal. Otherwise vacuum leaks can happen at the seal between the bowl and the base (depends on exact VF model)
    And even if water is not staying in the bowl, try cleaning around the ball seal first. 80% of the time that solves the issue. If that fails, put a bead of silicon grease around the seal. That cover you up to the last 1 or 2% of the time. Actually, for me, it covers 100% of the time. The seal can get a little gunked-up if someone doesn't hold the lever down long enough, or eases it back up rather than letting it snap shut hard by taking their foot off at the bottom of the stroke.
    George
    Former Owner: "Incentive" 1981 56MY
    2007-2014