Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Need Hi-Lo Table hardware

My Hi-Lo table top rocks quite a bit. I took it apart and found that there are a pair of V-hooks, threaded on one side, that hold down the steel plate that the top mounts onto. The hooks are partly stripped and cannot be tightened - hence the rocking. Other than having them fabricated, does anyone know of a source for them?
    Everyone should believe in something - I believe I will go fishing - Henry David Thoreau

Re: Need Hi-Lo Table hardware

Can you post a picture so we can see what you are dealing with?

Bobk

Last edited by Tim Powell; 01-16-2012 at 10:12 PM.

Thanks. I'll try to get a pic up later. The bolt is a standard thread 5/16" bolt, about 2" on one side, down to a "V" bent back upward at about 45* for about 1". The 1" upside of the "V" hooks into a hole in the side of the pedestal, and a nut holds down the steel plate to which the table top is attached.
    Everyone should believe in something - I believe I will go fishing - Henry David Thoreau

Here's a couple pics of the pieces I need.

DSC_0426.jpgDSC_0427.jpg

Can't you just run them through a die and clean up the threads?
    Eric
    41TC 1966 Hull #53 "Requisite"
    Kent Island, MD/Ft. Lauderdale, FL

"Though she creaks - She holds"

I already did. There's no meat left.

They look like J hooks. I have seen them before I think at a good hardware store. I know I have also seen them with a wood screw threaded end.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

I would think you could put a torch to the proper all-thread rod and bend to suit.

Bobk