Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

I've had about all of VacuFlush I can stand.

Second day working on VacuFlush system and still not working right. Tested pump with vacum gauge before putting back on and it would pump up to 11 # vacum. Put it back after cleaning all duck bills on suction side and now it will not shut off. Acting like it is not getting to the 10 lbs of vacum to shut off. Since I've had the boat, they have never worked right. I've changed out the tank in the master along with the vacum switch, duck bills, new hose. Now I had to change out the motor with a old spare that was left on the boat. The other motor started sticking on me. Thinking about going to the Miami Boat show to look at different systems. Can anyone give me headsup as what to stay away from. Any help will be appreciated.
    captbuddy

Re: I've had about all of VacuFlush I can stand.

Did you replace the bowl gasket and the base mounting gasket?
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

I just installed a fresh water Raritan Elegance and love it. Going to spring for the Raritan next step up (Atlantes, I think) for the master.
    Searching...
    Daytona Beach, FL

No Scott, I did not. Just cleaned them and put some Marine Formula Teflon Lubricant on them before putting them back on. It appears like I have a lot of vacum when I flush it while it is still pumping. My next step is to take it apart at the toliet and put my vacum gauge on it to see if it really is getting the 10 lbs that is required. Maybe I'll do that later or just wait until tomorrow.
    Thanks,
    captbuddy

I found a few leaks at the mounting gasket at the base cause that same problem. While your at it change the bowl gasket and you will probably be fine.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Quote Originally Posted by captbuddy View Post
    Thinking about going to the Miami Boat show to look at different systems. Can anyone give me headsup as what to stay away from. Any help will be appreciated.
    captbuddy
    Yeah vacuflush

Raritan Atlantes flawless for 11 years now and simple!
    Dan
    End Of The Line II
    1967 34C

EOTL II Rebuild Web Page

><(((º>´¯`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸><((((º>`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸><(( (( º>¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸¸><(((º>

Dan,
    I didn't mention that my system is a Mansfield by Sealand. Also Scott I misread your reply. Don't think it is the bowl gasket. Before taking the pump off it would stop pumping so it has got to be something with the pump, I think.
    Thanks,
    captbuddy

Quote Originally Posted by 34Hatt View Post
    Yeah vacuflush

Raritan Atlantes flawless for 11 years now and simple!
    Most reliable head I ever owned. Also the simplest to maintain.
    Attached Images
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Quote Originally Posted by Boatsb View Post
    Did you replace the bowl gasket and the base mounting gasket?
    Ha!! You took the words right out of my mouth. Anytime I unseat one of these, I always put down a new gasket, even though it wasn't bad before I disturbed it. They get smashed into a shape and once lifted off, they might not seal again. I recently had to do this after someone flushed a tampon and it caused the hose to collapse in the hot genny room. I re-plumbed the whole thing with PVC using small pieces of hose at the connections on each end of the system.
    Ang
    1980 58MY "Sanctuary"
    www.sanctuarycharteryacht.com

Hi Ang,

I live in terror everytime I have a bunch of people on my boat that are not boaters because of the probability that one of the ladies will deposit a white rat into my VF. In order to be prepared, how big of a job was it to clear your system when it happened on your boat?

Walt