Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Galley Maid Windlass Foot Switch

The rubber "gasket" on my Galley Maid windlass foot switch is in need of replacing as it is cracking. I contacted Galley Maid and they want $29 plus $8 shipping for the part. I guess that they're very proud of this part as this seems awfully pricey to me. Has anyone else found a source for this gasket? I guess I might just take some heavy rubber and make one. Any thoughts? Thanks.

Re: Galley Maid Windlass Foot Switch

I ran into the same situation about 5 years ago and had the same thoughts. Then, I searched on the internet and found the covers for cheap - less than $10, if my memory is correct. I have no idea, now where I got them, but they are out there. The only difference between what I bought and the Ideal-brand covers is that the word "IDEAL" wasn't stamped on it. Fine by me. The GM covers are the same, I'm sure.
    Ang
    1980 58MY "Sanctuary"
    www.sanctuarycharteryacht.com

Try west marine seems i saw them in their catalog two kinds one was high and another was cheap
    Tim

I just ordered two from Galley Maid and never thought to ask the price. What a shock. They are proud of those pieces of rubber. I replaced them just a few years ago. And again have cracks starting.

By the way, as originally installed, the holes bored through the deck were never sealed.... raw balsa below the fiberglass so it is worth a few extra minutes to seal it with several coats of epoxy before you put it all back together.

Bobk