Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Glendenning synchronizer issue

It turns out not to be a problem with the port engine throttle cables at all, but the synchronizer. It seems to sometimes lock up the slave engine even with the switch off and engines off. Also there is too much friction in on the plungers during normal non-synchronized action. Any idea how to lubricate these and troubleshoot the synchronizer?
    Last edited by davidwigler; 10-24-2011 at 06:50 AM.
    1977 Hatteras 58' MY, Hull No. 304, 4-stateroom galley up model with 8V71TIs in Knoxville, Tennessee

Re: Glendenning synchronizer issue

I have hydraulic controls, so can't help you there. Are your cable all the way through? I had an issue with the "lock out" box that sits on top of the Glendinning unit for hydraulic systems.

Anyway, if you don't get an answer here, call Glendinning in Conway, SC. They are very helpful.

(843) 399-6146 Press 2 for service.
    George
    Former Owner: "Incentive" 1981 56MY
    2007-2014

Re: Glendenning synchronizer issue

You can download the necessary info for the Glen if you don't have it. A little lubrication and some occasional adjustment is all they need. Mechanically they are about as bulletproof as anything can be.

http://www.glendinningprods.com/sync.html
    Mike P
    San Miguel de Allende, Mexico; Kent Island MD; San Antonio TX
    1980 53MY "Brigadoon"