Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Re: Cruisair Amerage Draw

George my point is that they do not sell or service the AC units. If the sell the original manifolds that's great but most often the problem is the AC unit and components. Steve serves others outside the Hatteras family. I have not seen any sign of him poaching business from sams and if that was their impression than it is Dougs to deal with.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

Gentleman....If I might...

Yes...I came here because I had Hatteras experience...Several years of it...

I'm NOT here to sell...I do offer free advise here & on my site...I also offer it on other sites...

YES...I want to build my site that can make me sales...I am in business...Should I feel bad about that?

I don't believe so....I only do what I do here & otherwise to maybe get someone to buy from me...

How bout that for honesty ????

I'm not the cheapest guy around but I do give...Qualified advise...And I hope folks buy from me for that advise....

Nothing More...Nothing Less....

My hopes are that folks will see the time & effort I put into every post (here or on my site) and consider buying from me....

What hurts is...When I do spend that time (as a known risk) that folks do not choose to buy from me (no i'm not the cheapest)

But where else can you get the dedication, education & free info that I provide ????

That has to be worth something No ????

I will continue to offer advise for free...Yes it maybe helps me...But all my colleagues say I'm nuts for doing so...I should be charging for it !!!

Maybe that will end up how it is, or something like Boatdiesel.com ...I'm just not sure yet...

For now...I like helping folks hoping they will buy from me....But No charge for the help.

Steve~

BTW....Don't think I could, or would, Even want to take anything away from Sam's...

I mean What For ?....If anything I would refer to them....

I only answer the questions presented...And sometimes my place is a better central location for marine A/C....

Since I have been doing this....It does get harder to keep up with all involved....

Mind you though....I do love my Hatterasses

Steve~

[QUOTE=GJH;197961]I completely agree with Mike.

I think Steve Pooler is a great addition to this forum, but let's not forget this forum is funded and and administered by Sam's Marine and using questions here to divert traffic to another commercial site for an answer just isn't kosher (I am tempted to use a stronger term) in my estimation. A Hatteras-related question asked here should be answered here. So Steve, cut and paste the answer in your forum here.[/QUOT

People here always promote Jarrett Bay and do not seem to have a problem with that althought they are competition to SAMS. Steve gives free advice that it had taken him decades to obtain. Why does he have an obligation to C&P his answers here? I think that buying a discounted part from Steve for his excellant advice is the least someone can do.

If anyone is offended by Steve trying to grow his site then DON'T ASK FOR HIS ADVICE.

Wow- I appreciate help from anyone and anywhere I can get it. Steve(s), Mike, George, Eric et. al. I will not dignify the babble about being "rude" with response.

In typical HOF fasion this is getting blown out of proportion. I think the point here is that if you want spcoolin/Steve to answer a question, then you should post it on his site. If you are looking for help from the rest of us, post it here. Best option would be to post on both sites. Once you get an answer from Steve and you determine what is actually wrong, then you can update your thread here for the benefit of all who followed the thread. If Steve happens to answer it here that's great, but we shouldn't expect him to copy everything from his site over here. I don't think I've ever seen a post where spcoolin actually solicited his services. There are several professionals here that regularly offer their free expertise but never solicit business. If they help you out from time to time why wouldn't you call on them when you need a service they provide?
    Jack Sardina

Quote Originally Posted by MikeP View Post
    I don't agree; IMO any post re Hatt maint, regardless if there is a better tech site for the specific issue, should be here first so all Hatt folks can see it and be aware of it. If you go straight to to Steve's site, for example, then no one here has the benefit of seeing what folks are experiencing with a critical part of the boat's systems.
    You surprise me Mike,

Every part of your FX-1 issues/posts were linked to/from here on Sam's...All it would take someone is a single click to see what was going on..

And....FX-1's were NEVER part of ANY Hatteras...

Steve~
    Last edited by spcoolin; 09-18-2011 at 08:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by saltshaker View Post
    In typical HOF fasion this is getting blown out of proportion. I think the point here is that if you want spcoolin/Steve to answer a question, then you should post it on his site. If you are looking for help from the rest of us, post it here. Best option would be to post on both sites. Once you get an answer from Steve and you determine what is actually wrong, then you can update your thread here for the benefit of all who followed the thread. If Steve happens to answer it here that's great, but we shouldn't expect him to copy everything from his site over here. I don't think I've ever seen a post where spcoolin actually solicited his services. There are several professionals here that regularly offer their free expertise but never solicit business. If they help you out from time to time why wouldn't you call on them when you need a service they provide?
    Thanks Jack...And that's all I really ask...I offer help here & give it...I offer help on my site & give it...

Both places are free...

It is easier for me to give it on my site...My hopes are that no matter where you get my help...
    You consider buying from me for that free help...I do spend many hours a day freely giving EXSpurtqualified advise...

I don't feel that is a lot to ask...

Steve~

Good grief folks!
    These are two great sites we're talking about. I've received great knowledge from both.
    When it comes to AC issues, I'll normally post here (for everyone to further their knowledge AND on Steve's site). I post on Steve's because he's the resident expert and responds quickly and accurately.

On our site, I'll probably get the correct answer, but only after I've read about 5 different ways to skin the cat.

When I want to rub people the wrong way for fun, I'll normally spend my time on TheHullTruth or YachtForums!

Seems to me we have too much in common to have these piss ant discussions.

yacht forums... GAG talk about a bunch of self important legends in their own mind!