Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Far from finished

Well after being on the hard for more than six months, we are back in the water but the work is far from finished. Did over the bottom, added some paint, extended the flybridge flooring/aft deck roof and some other mods as well. I included a pic to show what we have done so far but she is far from complete. Our work in progress. Ami's camera 2 216.jpgAmi's camera 2 223.jpg

Re: Far from finished

wow, she looks great. more pics please. what year is she? i have a 1972yf

BigBill,

Thanks for the reply. She's a 1974YF. We are looking forward to finishing the work which should happen over the next couple of months. I will take some additional pics and post them as well.

Alan
    XANADU
    1974 58'YF
    Crews Inn Marina
    Trinidad and Tobago

Nice looking boat. Interesting color too, quite a change of pace. Good luck with her.
    --- The poster formerly known as Scrod ---

I want to live in Theory, everything works there.

1970 36C375

Thank you,

The color is different which is what we wanted. It is so relaxing. We are so happy with the boat. It's the first Hatt we ever owned and would not change her at all. We upgraded from a Hi-Star 48 which had a slightly larger aft deck but the cockpit in this one is much better.

Alan
    1974 58YF "XANADU"
    Chaguaramas Bay
    Trinidad and Tobago

alan, give us a comparison from the hi-star to the hatt. i went from a pacemaker 38 sf (gas) to a bertram 38 sf (diesel) to a hatt 46 sf now to a hatt58yf. the hatts have been far superior in all aspects. i will not turn back unless it is an unbelievable deal.

Wow yes real sharp and different nice job!

But hate to burst your bubble but!

The Work is never done when it comes to Boats

Good Luck with her.
    Dan
    Dan
    End Of The Line II
    1967 34C

EOTL II Rebuild Web Page

><(((º>´¯`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸><((((º>`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸><(( (( º>¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸¸><(((º>

She's a beautiful girl, I can see why your proud of her. Yes, somehow our 53MY " Bout Time" knows when I'v scraped together a few dollars and reminds me that I've been neglegent in her care and takes every penny. But then, what else can we have that makes us so happy and keeps us so broke!!

BigBill,

We had a '89 48ft Hi-Star which was also a great boat. It had its pros and cons and I can't say it was a bad boat but our priorities changed and a deal came up with the Hatt two weeks later we owned the Hatt. It was one of those opportunities we could not pass up.

The big advantage/selling point with the Hi-Star was the aft deck which was large, I would say the same size as the 53 Hatt as well as the flybridge was open to the aft deck not cutting off the driver from the guest below. The engine room was harder to access and although it slept the same number of people, it did so in smaller spaces. The boat did 22knt with twin CAT 3208's but we cruised at 12-14. So the Hatt is a bit slower, we don't really need to rush to where we are going anyway so for us it's not bad.

Going down stairs to get to the salon made the salon seem small but the layout allowed alot of light and air into the down kitchen. We generally look at the spaces a boat offers and because its three generations on the boat at a time, The Hatt allows us all our own space with our friends without getting into anyone's way. I can't tell you how happy we are with the Hatt and although we loved the 48 this 58YF offers the best of bothl worlds for how we boat. The cockpit is definately a winner and a very practical space. A bit harder to manouver but with progress comes some pain and we will have it figured out soon enough.

Alan
    XANADU
    Chaguaramas Bay
    Trinidad and Tobago

Alan, I love the color! Very classy!! Enjoy her! 58yf is a great family boat. Mario
    Mario
    1972 58' Hatteras Yachtfisherman
    Siboney